Does anyone have any reports from Saturday? I fished Stump pond in Westboro from 6 AM to 10:30 and had a nice boat ride, with no fish. on the 1st cast a good fish chased but didn't bite my topwater torpedo, I had one other weak bite on a senko, but that was it. the others on the water didn't fare much better. were all the fish hiding due to the storm coming on Sunday? was the bite as bad on other bodies of water? thanks.

Posted Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Stump Pond is one of those places where the fish have too many options from ambush points within a very short distance. That and the fact that Stump Pond gets absolutely pounded!! I think they learn.... if it's clear, sunny and the water is calm - Don't bite anything!! I have always done my best at Stump Pond either in the rain, or when it's cloudy and the wind is putting a slight chop on the water.
I fished somewhere else on Saturday and did pretty good.

Posted Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:31 pm

fdw9652

Stump Pond is one of those places where the fish have too many options from ambush points within a very short distance. That and the fact that Stump Pond gets absolutely pounded!! I think they learn.... if it's clear, sunny and the water is calm - Don't bite anything!! I have always done my best at Stump Pond either in the rain, or when it's cloudy and the wind is putting a slight chop on the water.
I fished somewhere else on Saturday and did pretty good.

Thanks Panfish. I did better a few weeks ago when it was windy. thanks for the tip. Stump pond does get hit, but when I went by Whitehall on my way Saturday morning the parking lot was jammed at 5:20 with a line of boat at least 10 deep waiting to launch.

Posted Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Whitehall gets pounded even harder than stump. Tourneys every Saturday and Sunday

Posted Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:09 pm

I only go to stump when there is no wind and usually it is sunny on those days. last time I got 20 fish, I usually average 10-12 fish there. I have asked before why people prefer wind or say the fishing is lousy on bluebird days. I still haven't got an answer. but stump fish can be picky, some days they only hit jigs, other days only worms.

Posted Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Fishing sucked for me Saturday also. I went to Little South in Plymouth trying to get my first smallies of the year. Had 3 on and they all managed to jump off. Fished for another hour without a strike so I packed up and left. Went to Furnace Pond in Pembroke and couldn't catch anything there either! First time I have been shut out in awhile. Had high hopes since it was my birthday! Laughing

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:19 am

i actually had the best feeding frenzy early morning. i caught 6 fish on the same spot in 40mins on topwater and chatterbait. the bite did die completely after that period.

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:04 am

I was at Furnace for a few hours Sat morning and only had 1 keeper and 1 short bass,I had half a dozen strikes on a worm and I couldn't set the hook.

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 am

Purpleturkey, I was at Furnace saturday also. Was that you un the kayak? I was in the white nitro with my son and one of my buddies. BIGZ53 was there in his cartopper as well.

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:37 pm

That's a tough place on Saturday! Forgot all about the skiers being out!

Posted Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:20 pm

I had planned to be off the water by 10 but skiers were out by 9:00!

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:51 am

The constant wakes were frustrating but we still managed a pretty good day. We did pretty will going up the river to get out of the wind and wakes.

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:22 am

Fished a tournament at Oldham saturday 3 fish all day and 0 for my partner. Good thing they were all around 4+ pounds and we took first place. Was a weird day tourney started at 7 and I caught first fish at 703 second fish at 11 and last fish at 1. So spread out and slow.

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:46 am

kissmybass26

Fished a tournament at Oldham saturday 3 fish all day and 0 for my partner. Good thing they were all around 4+ pounds and we took first place. Was a weird day tourney started at 7 and I caught first fish at 703 second fish at 11 and last fish at 1. So spread out and slow.

You're in the Happy Hookers???? I used to be in that club I'm Jim Coleman's Brother in-law

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:54 am

No I am not haha someone added me to that group but oddly enough I was supposed to join it this year. My friend and fishing partners step father has been in it for years.

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links