We fished a pond in Plymouth Saturday and did pretty good.Best 5 were about 16 or 17 pounds.Caught 13 or 14 fish.We were thinking about Oldham but Scotty wanted to go somewhere different,I said o.k.Caught fish on jigs,senkos and chiggercraws,also lost a few good ones too.Wish I knew about Oldham,I would have fished that and killed it.

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:00 pm

khaskins

We fished a pond in Plymouth Saturday and did pretty good.Best 5 were about 16 or 17 pounds.Caught 13 or 14 fish.We were thinking about Oldham but Scotty wanted to go somewhere different,I said o.k.Caught fish on jigs,senkos and chiggercraws,also lost a few good ones too.Wish I knew about Oldham,I would have fished that and killed it.

thanks for the update. I guess they just were not biting in Westboro at the Stump. will have to fish tighter to the cover and see if that gets them.

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 pm

It wasn't a feeding bite.It was a couple here and a couple there.Found a big school on the fish finder and got more there.We fished from 5:30 til 11:00.This place has shallow and deep water with a deep drop off.Most fish were deep in 12 to 15 feet of water.Big school was in the 30 foot hole,wasn't set up for the dropshot.My partner was but just wasn't into it.The biggest was around 4 pounds with a lot of 3's and 2's.
Not much structure there just sand some rock with a little weed and points and dropoffs.Fish the shadows in the shallows near deep water if the structure doesn't work.Switch it up and try something else if it doesn't happen with what you're doing.Slow bite slow it down,sometimes you have to hit them in the nose with it.If you find something that works stick with it.

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:02 pm

I fished Oldham this morning. One thing about the cool weather we have had is the water is staying fairly clear! Tough bite. One bass around 2lb lost another, 1 small pick and a couple of perch. Not my favorite place, but what attracts me are the slabs which I couldn't find today! Laughing Something new that I noticed is structure/hazards are marked with plastic bottles. I got bit on every one of them!

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:41 pm

khaskins

it was an electric motor tournament only but you could use bass rigs. Was a three biggest fish format kinda weird but worked in our favor when we caught only 3 pigs all day. I thought it was an invite only thing but turns out the guy was hoping for a big turn out. I'll post on here next time.

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links