Was fishing the other eve during the t storms and was doing pretty decent. Caught couple nice bass. Decided just couple more casts. Start trolling my yamamoto sexy shad jerk when something crushes it and starts taking drag. After fighting for a bit see dorsal fin on far back and think its a pike. Fight to keep out of brush and finally land it. Didn't get a great measure but looked to be close to 30 maybe 27 in long but skinny. Didn't get weight or true length cause while taking hooks out damn pick thrashed n threw hook into index finger.Damn yamamoto hooks razor sharp. 2hrs in er hook finally out. Grrr good fishin trip gone bad.

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Yikes.... That sucks. Any pics of the fish?

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Slime darts suck!! Evil or Very Mad

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 am

Hate pickerel!

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:20 am

No hook through the finger pics?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:55 am

another $50 pickerel.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:12 am

oldfisher

another $50 pickerel.

Most Emergency Room vists are as high as 300-400$ even with health insurance if you dont get admitted to the hospital. If you go to an urgent care walkin clinic like a Concentra or Carewell then its usually only 50$ copay with insurace.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:26 am

I don't let slime darts in the boat anymore. I boga grip them and let them flop all they want hanging over the side. Safer for me.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:40 am

Don't fear the reap.... pickeral. Grab that sucker in a death grip just behind the gills, plyers to remove the hooks then punt in back into the lake (Kidding)

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:49 am

even if you're not kidding that's fine. a lot of places need a pickerel cleanse. they suck. nothing good about them at all. i used to enjoy catching the really big ones, but that got old quickly after losing good lures to them.

grabbing them works but all that slime's a mess and you need to hold on tight.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:40 am

I hate picks too. I hate getting all slimed. I hate losing lures to them. I hate when a big one hits when you're in a tourney. They should be punted.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:46 am

Ive been seriously considering a pick cleanse. There are just too many in some places, they eat everything, If your trolling any kind of swimming lure, they are gonna hit it. Put them all in a bucket and feed em to the birds is what I say.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:13 pm

jamesd

oldfisher

another $50 pickerel.

Most Emergency Room vists are as high as 300-400$ even with health insurance if you dont get admitted to the hospital. If you go to an urgent care walkin clinic like a Concentra or Carewell then its usually only 50$ copay with insurace.

every insurance plan I ever had was a $50 deducible, your employer is stiffing you if you pay $300.. 3 times for fishooks in my family.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm

oldfisher

jamesd

oldfisher

another $50 pickerel.

every insurance plan I ever had was a $50 deducible, your employer is stiffing you if you pay $300.. 3 times for fishooks in my family.

You must have Medicare. The copayments if your not admitted is 50$ for Medicare. Or maybe 20+ years ago it was 50$ for commercial insurance for an ER visit. If you have top of the line insurance today its still gonna cost at least 150$.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:24 pm

jamesd

oldfisher

jamesd

oldfisher

another $50 pickerel.

You must have Medicare. The copayments if your not admitted is 50$ for Medicare. Or maybe 20+ years ago it was 50$ for commercial insurance for an ER visit. If you have top of the line insurance today its still gonna cost at least 150$.

Touche! I am showing my age, deductibles have risen since I last used them.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links