So for those of you THAT HAVE fished with us this season or plan on fishing THIS car topper, I have a permit for 16 boats. Its a good sized body of water. Do we want to open this up to all types of boats with the use of trolling motors only? In other words a tracker or bass boat can fish but only use their trolling motor. I could post up the sign up early and leave it open to car toppers only for the 1st week, then if we dont fill it or come close to filling it, open it up to the bigger boats a week from today. It was just a thought. Looking for yours.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:04 pm

What is the rule for cartoppers, I'm assuming its what it says and has to be on your vehicle and not on a trailer. Probably time to start hitting the gym.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm

swill17

What is the rule for cartoppers, I'm assuming its what it says and has to be on your vehicle and not on a trailer. Probably time to start hitting the gym.

I don't know what your comments mean in the context to allowing big boats into this one. car toppers for thew sake of our car topper tournies have been boats capible of being put into a pick up bed or on your car. if guys have trailers and that makes it easier to transport, we have allowed that. We have for a few years now.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Was hoping that was the case, I have a 12 foot jon and wouldn't really do well on the big boat circuit. Just need to bolt some stuff down and make a live well and I'm going to start participating, hopefully. Shooting for not last lol.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Honestly asking for opinions has got the trail into this position. Stop Catering to people who at this point could care less. The boat count is always the same.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Im sure starting the sign up twice as early would definitely spark interest. Friday before the event isn't the time to start advertising.

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:11 pm

when is it That place sucks Twisted Evil

Posted Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:23 pm

15th of this Month Greg.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:00 am

g.horne

when is it That place sucks Twisted Evil

Place is horrible...pave it!

I'll be there pre fishing, buzzing around looking for 2lb bass. We have a club T there the following weekend Sad

Another waste of day fishing that weed infested SWAMP! Smile

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't think you guys are helping Stratos fill this one!

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Greg and Tom are being facetious. I am predicting a 20lb bag to win this one.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:27 pm

What time do you guys start? I wanna launch before the mayhem

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Rich,I think you are opening a big can of worms here.You were asked before if a big boat could come and use t-motor only and you said no.Even your boat isn't a cartopper because you have to use a use a trailer because of the weight.We've been down this road before and the answer was no gas motors period.I don't care what you all decide but you will have to expect the question every tourney.If you allow this you will have to allow it all the time.I think you should check with the godfathers first before you go ahead with this.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:25 pm

stratos1966

Greg and Tom are being facetious. I am predicting a 20lb bag to win this one.

I agree man, there are some real monsters in there...you just need to find em!

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Being a heavy participate in past years and def plan to attend a couple this year I personally don't like it. I've never agreed with the trailer toppers being involved. It took out smaller bodies of water and basically require the BOW to have a ramp which defeats a lot of the purpose of a car topper trail. Most people go the car topper route because it is an affordable alternative and allows you to compete at the same level but with trailered boats that once were a true car topper it leaves everyone at a disadvantage and removes the allure of small bodies of water with little fishing pressure and great potential. Allowing full rigs with just TMs takes it a step further.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links