tommyboy

Grudge match?

HELL YA!

For boat pink slips???

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Is lhps and stratos in a match this weekend?

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 pm

fishermanmike

Strat and I face off mid week, two weeks from now.

There was a quick preview they were showing during the down time of the first Stanley Cup game last night.

I heard Biffle and KVD are gunna be at the weigh-in and my boy Christie is flying in from Oklahoma to cheer me on.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 am

jctr

fishermanmike

Strat and I face off mid week, two weeks from now.

There was a quick preview they were showing during the down time of the first Stanley Cup game last night.

I heard Biffle and KVD are gunna be at the weigh-in and my boy Christie is flying in from Oklahoma to cheer me on.

You're going to need all 3 of them

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 am

There's gunna be camera men on the boats right?

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:25 am

An epic battle between the up and coming young gun and the grizzled, old battle horse. Coverage begins on espn one hour before start time. Tbd

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:30 am

fishermanmike

And referees! Mostly to make sure Rich stays in the boat this time Smile

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:42 am

pocketfisherman

fishermanmike

In my defense, there were no rules back then. Guys could show up at 8 and start fishing, come in at 3:30 leave at 12, get lunch and come back and continue to fish......

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:33 am

Serious question here, my car is very small and cannot accomodate a boat on its roof therefore I need to use a trailer even though its a 12' jon with a trolling motor. Does this exclude me? Also are gas motors allowed?

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:49 am

themasterg

Serious question here, my car is very small and cannot accomodate a boat on its roof therefore I need to use a trailer even though its a 12' jon with a trolling motor. Does this exclude me? Also are gas motors allowed?

It does not exclude you but gas motors are NOT allowed. So you can trailer the Jon and just have a trolling motor on your boat are you are fine.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 pm

When the Sign up posts will it be under this topic? Or will it be a differant topic under Bass fishing? Might be a stupid question but i don't want to miss the sign up.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:38 pm

j-blu

When the Sign up posts will it be under this topic? Or will it be a differant topic under Bass fishing? Might be a stupid question but i don't want to miss the sign up.

No stupid questions. It will be a new topic under bass fishing. It will say 6/15 Nipenitick car topper sign up". It will post at 7pm Sunday night.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Thank you Stratos, I will be on the look for the sign up Sunday at 7.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 pm

stratos1966

pocketfisherman

fishermanmike

In my defense, there were no rules back then. Guys could show up at 8 and start fishing, come in at 3:30 leave at 12, get lunch and come back and continue to fish......

The show up an hour late and if you do good you show up to weigh in.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:50 pm

tommyboy

ok...for those of you saying the trailered boat has the advantage is false. The car toppers are much quicker in the water and go from spot to spot much faster than we can. If I wanted to fish the back cove at the Nip it would take me easily 20+ minutes to get there. Never mind the strain on my batteries. Some car toppers today have better electronics (not that this matters at the Nip) than some trailered boats. Todays car toppers are rigged to the max. There are only a few advantages the trailered boats have. One being able to stand up all day. Even that isn't a huge advantage because I see guys standing in toppers all the time. Secondly rough water...but think about it...do our lakes/ponds around here really get to rough for a topper? We are not fishing champlain here.... Good luck...hope you slay them!

Rich - Ken is correct. You shouldn't allow trailered boats...I remember being denied at a certain place in wareham because I had a trailered boat. I think it was more that you were afraid of a little competition Smile

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!Atta boy Tom.This has been brought up in the past and I don't why it's being brought up again.If you allow it this time then it should be allowed the next.

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links