I would love to leave it all toppers all the time. So guys that are saying no, but have yet to show up.... show up to this one. If guys show up, no need to expand it, plain and simple.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:10 pm

tommyboy

What time do you guys start? I wanna launch before the mayhem

5 am Tom.

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:12 pm

i agree that we shouldn't allow big boats but at the same time i agree that if more people were showing the question would never have came up. my final answer is no to big boats even tm only they do have more advantages than disadvantages especially on the size of these lakes. says the one that comes back with a boat full of water the last 2 and no my boat doesn't leak

Posted Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 pm

I love the cartopper trail because they are just that. I vote to keep it the way it was intended. The types of boats that are currently trailered do fall under the spirit of a cartopper and have no advantage over the true cartoppers (aka I am still the fastest!).

Those who have never fished with us..try it!! Super fun, no BS and no politics... The crap you read on here is mostly from people who don't fish with us...

My goal is to fish the Nip but being dad's day it is still up in the air.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:20 am

I love the cartopper trail because they are just that. I vote to keep it the way it was intended. The types of boats that are currently trailered do fall under the spirit of a cartopper and have no advantage over the true cartoppers (aka I am still the fastest!).

Those who have never fished with us..try it!! Super fun, no BS and no politics... The crap you read on here is mostly from people who don't fish with us...

My goal is to fish the Nip but being dad's day it is still up in the air.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:20 am

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:56 am

ok...for those of you saying the trailered boat has the advantage is false. The car toppers are much quicker in the water and go from spot to spot much faster than we can. If I wanted to fish the back cove at the Nip it would take me easily 20+ minutes to get there. Never mind the strain on my batteries. Some car toppers today have better electronics (not that this matters at the Nip) than some trailered boats. Todays car toppers are rigged to the max. There are only a few advantages the trailered boats have. One being able to stand up all day. Even that isn't a huge advantage because I see guys standing in toppers all the time. Secondly rough water...but think about it...do our lakes/ponds around here really get to rough for a topper? We are not fishing champlain here.... Good luck...hope you slay them!

Rich - Ken is correct. You shouldn't allow trailered boats...I remember being denied at a certain place in wareham because I had a trailered boat. I think it was more that you were afraid of a little competition Smile

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:16 am

tommyboy

ok...for those of you saying the trailered boat has the advantage is false. The car toppers are much quicker in the water and go from spot to spot much faster than we can. If I wanted to fish the back cove at the Nip it would take me easily 20+ minutes to get there. Never mind the strain on my batteries. Some car toppers today have better electronics (not that this matters at the Nip) than some trailered boats. Todays car toppers are rigged to the max. There are only a few advantages the trailered boats have. One being able to stand up all day. Even that isn't a huge advantage because I see guys standing in toppers all the time. Secondly rough water...but think about it...do our lakes/ponds around here really get to rough for a topper? We are not fishing champlain here.... Good luck...hope you slay them!

Rich - Ken is correct. You shouldn't allow trailered boats...I remember being denied at a certain place in wareham because I had a trailered boat. I think it was more that you were afraid of a little competition Smile

I think a full rig with a 24V TM can keep up with a cartopper on a 12V just fine. Yes we can stand in our cartopper too, but we are at water level, not already 1-2ft off the water. I agree some cartoppers are done up to the max which is why I included them in my piece. If you can not physically lift your boat to get into a truck and then into a pond it isnt a car topper. It is a lot easier to manage a full 8 hours of fishing with 10-15 mph winds than it is in a cartopper any day of the week. Of course it gets to a point where it is a pain in the ass for everyone to maneuver when the wind really picks up.

Not to mention the storage space available. Rod lockers with 6, 8, 10 rods in them allows for a lot more options as well.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:00 am

biggz53

tommyboy

I think a full rig with a 24V TM can keep up with a cartopper on a 12V just fine. Yes we can stand in our cartopper too, but we are at water level, not already 1-2ft off the water. I agree some cartoppers are done up to the max which is why I included them in my piece. If you can not physically lift your boat to get into a truck and then into a pond it isnt a car topper. It is a lot easier to manage a full 8 hours of fishing with 10-15 mph winds than it is in a cartopper any day of the week. Of course it gets to a point where it is a pain in the ass for everyone to maneuver when the wind really picks up.

Not to mention the storage space available. Rod lockers with 6, 8, 10 rods in them allows for a lot more options as well.

Sorry...crawdad goes quicker than a big rig. Well depends on what pound thrust tm we are talking. My crawdad was much quicker than my Champion. I think most people will agree.
I could fit 8 rods in my crawdad easily. I would have 4 on each side Smile

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:23 am

This debate could go on for infinity

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:39 am

Biggest advantage is fighting fish in my opinion. When you can walk around 25 sq feet of deck space to keep pressure/set into a fish. Opposed to when your stuck in one position your limited to what you can do. On the puddles around here I'd say almost all other factors are advantageous to the toppers'. Except maybe livewells/culling...

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Why not start the sign up and have those who are actually attending post their attendance along with their decision. Then if last second we want big boats to jump in its possible.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 pm

tommyboy

\

Grudge Match? Tommyboy vs. Stratos???

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm leaving it the way it's been. Lets end the discussion. Tourney will be posted this Sunday night at 7pm as usual. Lets go guys, sign up!!!

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Grudge match?

HELL YA!

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links