http://on.whdh.com/1nxtbsJ

Not fishing here anymore

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 10:47 am

she fell out of a canoe....mine as well not fish anywhere then there is a chance of a dead body anywhere that their are water crafts.....its not like it was foul play

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 11:47 am

Nuttings has had multiple bodies pulled throughout the years. 2009 and 2011 most recent. Every major body of water has claimed lives.

A guy drowned at Horn last year. Spot pond has had many drowning victims as well.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 11:59 am

That's why it's important to have those pfd's with you! Accidents happen all the time unfortunately! RIP to her and good luck to her family during this hard time and moving forward.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm

I bought everything BUT the PFD. I'm going to pick one up before I get back on the water and just wear it religiously. That's real tough for her and her family.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Always worth the extra money to get safety gear!!!

Be safe out there !

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 1:45 pm

crazy.. we pulled 2 people out last year 2 different ponds.. if you can't swim stay off the water.. be safe out there.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 2:24 pm

I grew up 2 streets from the lake, and it's really shallow (7 feet at the deepest part I think) , but the weeds come all the way up to the surface, and they're really thick. I work right down the street, and my parents still live there) so I still fish it, and it's one of the few places I wear a vest at. It's a jungle under the surface on the route 3 side of the lake. Regardless of how well you can swim, if you tip and get tangled in that stuff there's nothing you can do but maybe cut your way out, and even that would be tough.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 3:06 pm

I started using one of the inflatable PFDs this year, cant stand casting with a full one on.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Yeah, those inflatables are great for mobility. I wear one offshore on my man's boat when we go after tautog and groundfish.

I think I'll stick to the regular PFD though... I think if I go down, it's going to be me getting knocked out by a tree cruising down a river.

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 10:02 pm

the new PFDs are made to be comfortable and not interfere with casting. they have extra room around the shoulders.

NRS, Astral and Stohlquist have amazing PFDs. i have the astral ronny fisher and altough its a bit expensive, it is comfortable and has tons of extra storage for fishing stuff like pliers and such

Posted Thu May 29, 2014 11:17 pm

the new PFDs are made to be comfortable and not interfere with casting. they have extra room around the shoulders.

NRS, Astral and Stohlquist have amazing PFDs. i have the astral ronny fisher and altough its a bit expensive, it is comfortable and has tons of extra storage for fishing stuff like pliers and such

I can vouch for that. I've got a new Stohlquist and I forget I'm even wearing it. Definitely worth the extra cost. Wear your PFDs, guys!

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 7:22 am

I love wearing a PFD just for the extra pockets and padding you get on your back. When fishing out of a kayak a PFD actually makes it a much more comfortable experience.

There is always the extra benefit of saving your life as well.

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 9:55 am

blackout from dehydrating in the summer on a long day on the lake is enough to make you black out fall in and never wake back up

if you ever had the pleasure to get a body out of water - no open casket and you wife will puke b4 she cries at the morgue

s*** is no fun - i go 90% at night and i had close calls that woke me up

be safe - have a west

Posted Fri May 30, 2014 1:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links