I know some of you guys been having problems with tackle from stores(rods mostly) I was talking to a salesman and he said most rods take a beating before they make it to the floor which makes sense when you see them bunch up people bending them anyway I have alot of luck buying tackle online better warranties and way better customer service .And for a guy like me that has a hard time using computers its pretty easy.I like tacklewarhouse way better deals

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:26 pm

i shop online 99% of the time now. better prices, fast shipping, and way better selection most of the time. TW is the only one that has a lot of what i use.

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:21 pm

What was said about rods sounds true, and hits home considering I am about to buy some new rods soon. But one of those rods will be coming from a local store that has one of the rods I want for $60, $40 less than online.

And yes I agree buying tackle is generally less expensive online and its very convenient, but its a good idea scour clearance and sales in stores, as long as its items you were going to buy anyway.

Then when DSG has 50% off clearance, what a deal. then use a $10 of $50 coupon that you get on every receipt for doing a survey.

Today, I got 5 packs of Mustad wacky hooks size 1 and 5 packs of size 1/0 today, $0.20 each on clearance, something I really needed considering all the dirt cheap tungsten drop shot weights I bought in the last month on clearance.

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:25 pm

I love Dick's. But I buy most of my stuff online too. Just ordered a dobyns spinning rod. Reg price 219. Sale price 175. Booya!! I love saving dough!!

Posted Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:08 pm

I probably get about 80% of my stuff online, with the rest being last minute stuff before a tourney or something. Going to BPS is just totally inconvenient to me right now. Maybe going to the Hooksett NH store won't be as bad though, who knows?

I am getting my tax refunds any day now and expect to put in a substantial order from a few different places. I can't wait!

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 am

I went up to NH this weekend Rog. Hookset is at exit 10. About an hour and twenty minutes

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am

Shawn how does it compare to Foxboro? I am in Tyngsboro so Hookset is much closer.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:54 am

I didn't actually see the store. It opens this Thursday. I was going further North but timing the ride to Hookset. I might take a ride up there Thursday. Grand opening is at 6pm I think.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:09 am

shawneramone

I didn't actually see the store. It opens this Thursday. I was going further North but timing the ride to Hookset. I might take a ride up there Thursday. Grand opening is at 6pm I think.

It opens Wednesday evening at 6PM, then Thursday is the 1st day they will be open normal hours.

Its only 45 minute ride from me, compared to 50 minute ride to Foxboro BPS, factor in tax free NH, and I'll probably be going to the Hooksett one more often.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:13 am

I'm hoping TW runs a good Classic sale this year.

Their sales are my best bet for getting a good deal on the gear that I "need".

Bass Pro is just a place for me to bring the kids on a Saturday morning and waste money on stuff I don't need.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 am

Has anyone ever ordered from PBS Boat Store online? Its located in Florida and has crazy low prices. On Friday I ordered a brand new Abu Garcia gen3 Revo premier for 206$ no tax. 10$ for shipping. The only issue is after I ordered it I went online to research the company any it seems they got alot of bad reviews. Hopefully my order goes smoothly.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:15 pm

jamesd

Has anyone ever ordered from PBS Boat Store online? Its located in Florida and has crazy low prices. On Friday I ordered a brand new Abu Garcia gen3 Revo premier for 206$ no tax. 10$ for shipping. The only issue is after I ordered it I went online to research the company any it seems they got alot of bad reviews. Hopefully my order goes smoothly.

I bought a revo rocket from them last month. No problems

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm

try to get shiners online ! - i dare you - i shop online with all my stuff but i support my local stores when it comes to fishing - and i don't mean dick's or else i mean some smokey shitshop with a grumpy old fart in it - i refuse to let those places die even if i pay a bit more

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:53 pm

i think TW will be 10-15% off. hopefully 15.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:55 pm

This winter I order some baits from Japan that you can't find in the states anymore. I was shocked how quickly they came. Faster than a normal order from TW.

Posted Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links