if you don't mind the heavier weight of the reel check out the shimano stradic or saros.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Didn't I just say the Saros?

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 pm

just backing you up. great minds think alike. actually i was thinking you meant stradic FJ or some reason.

either way, just get a stradic ci4+

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Powell has some great rods for jerkbaits. I can get you a discount and they just come out with 2 new lines of rods the inferno and timax rods. Hands down best rods I've ever used

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:40 pm

personally I like the pflueger better, I had a saros but it had a faulty bail so I exchanged it for a pflueger and couldnt be happier.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Rog I love that show, I have them all DVR'd for when I put my big TW order in. I have the Shimano Symetry and love it. I have also had a pflueger president and it did great with me as well.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:18 pm

I tried a Pflueger Supreme once and it only lasted a week before it literally fell apart. but you can get a lemon with any product. I like shimano's especially the $29 sienna, even more than the higher priced ones.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:26 pm

oldfisher

I tried a Pflueger Supreme once and it only lasted a week before it literally fell apart. but you can get a lemon with any product. I like shimano's especially the $29 sienna, even more than the higher priced ones.

I agree- for spinning reels I buy the Sienna- can't go wrong for 30 bucks, good drag system. I spend money on higher end rods and reels for baitcasting but spinning, it's all about skipping and night fishing.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Verita's is a nice choice. If you don't want to spend much the berkley lightning rod shock is a great choice for 50 bucks and under

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

samf

just backing you up. great minds think alike. actually i was thinking you meant stradic FJ or some reason.

either way, just get a stradic ci4+

Just having some fun with you Sam!

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 pm

I have the Wright and McGill skeet Reese spinning combo and its not bad for the price. 99$ at Dick's . 6 ft 10 in medium fast.

Posted Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 pm

the st croix rage is an awesome rod for the money the come in right around 150 but i got both the 6'10" med/light and the 7'1" med the 7'1" is an awesome rod for fishing jerkbaits both hard an soft its also good for shakey heads its nice an light an has the micro guide concept its a kick ass rod pair it up with a stradic CI4 an its an incredibly light set up. but if you dont wanna spend the money on a ci4 i would put a shimano sahara

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 pm

biggz53

Im looking to get a new jerbait, light plastics spinning rod. Looking for something that is 6'6 to 6'8 Medium Extra fast. I was looking at the Abu Garcia Veritas as they have a 6'6M ExF at a decent price. Any suggestions that done climb over $150 would be helpful!

Any suggestions on a reel to pair with this? Again looking for $100-$150 as Im sure the first post will be suggesting a Shimano Stradic

The Veritas line does run stiff IMO, like MikeM said, take the ML (6'9") one into consideration too. I would suggest that one if you are going to be throwing mostly pretty light jerkbaits and plastics. I read a review on the 6'6"MXF saying it was particularily great for jerkbaits (he also said he prefers not to throwing light jigs on it).

I looked at both rods in store and they both do look like nice rods. I have a 7' H baitcasting Veritas and I really like it. I almost got the ML Veritas spinning rod recently but went with another brand.

some other rods in your price range are some Powells and 13 Fishing. Especially if you have access to a Powell discount from the person who mentioned it. Powell Inferno is $130 rod and they have 6'10" MXF. There's also the Powell Diesel 6'10" MXF thats on sale right now at $60 from TW (no warranty on the Diesel though).

Theres also the 13 Fishing Omen Black in the $100 category.

I haven't tried any of the above rods but was suggested and researched them as well when I was in the market for a ~$100 spinning rod recently. have fun!

EDIT: I was also suggested the St Croix Mojo Bass and Rage spinning rods, the Mojo's retail at $100-110, and the Rage $150. The rage's handles look awesome.

Posted Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Go on tackle warehouse and look at the 13series spinning rods they around 100.00 and they have awsome reviews

Posted Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:15 pm

I bought the Saros during the BPS "Reel Trade-in". Now I have to get a rod for it. They had the Ci4 2500 & 4000. I held them both but wasn't liking the handle. The Saros just felt more comfortable and was $100 cheaper.

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links