My buddy was out fishing this morning at Stump Pond and the WIld life and Fisheries were doing an eletric shock survey on the fish in there. My buddy was talking to the guys and they said that they pulled in 2 bass over 10 lbs, a few over 8, 4 over 7 and a bunch between 4 and 5 lbs.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 pm

What stump pond are you talking about?

Thanks

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:59 pm

A-1 Stump Pond in Westborough

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Guess where everyone's going to be fishing this weekend now? Smile

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Truth be told they shock up "BIG" fish from a LOT of ponds. Try catching those fish. They get that big for a reason. They feed in areas and at times when we are not there. Add to the fact that A1 is a weed infested pond and it makes it 100x more difficult, yet shock an entire area and you will be shocked at what floats up

I was told by the same fish and wildlife that they shock up numerous 8-10 bass from Long pond in lakeville. Now in all my years of tourney fishing I have never seen or heard of even a 6 lber being caught there. Thats 1000's of tournies with 1000's of lines in the water.
Those big fish live and feed deep for the most part. Trying to present a lure to a big fish sitting on a log or next to a boulder in 20+ feet of water on a flat 300 yards long....... good luck

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 pm

they also eat big and less often

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Cool info either way...I'd love to be on one of those shock boats on of the lakes I fish regularly. No doubt there are lots of monsters in our waters!

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm

A1 is a good pond for 1-3 lb bass, I never got a lunker there. however the wife won't go with me because of the terrible weed conditions.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

does the shock kill the fish? or just brings them to the top and stun them?

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Imagine catching a 10 pounder...

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:48 pm

I would assume it just stuns them, because at this point, going to A1 for those 10lbers would be pointless Smile

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

It doesn't kill them, just brings them to the surface for a few minutes so they can be analyzed. There was a Jimmy Houston episode where he was on one, which was pretty cool. They just netted them, put them in a tank,weighed/measured them, revived them and off they went.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 am

I fish there a lot and I get a ton of 1-3 lb fish with the occasional 3-5 lber. I've heard about some 5+ fish but nothing spectacular.

I need to figure out what those big fish are eating Smile

And Stratos is right. Right now the place is shallow and full of weeds.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 am

QUICK....hook up the boat and let's get down there! Smile

Like Stratos said Long Pond Lakeville has big fish. They get big for a reason and it's not by being stupid.

Now everone go pound it so I can fish other bodies or water with less preasure.

You want big fish? CC is the place to go!

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:41 am

I think QP and CL has nice ones too

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:31 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links