sinista

creasekeeper

This post is not to be antagonistic or ball busting just an observation and an opinion.

The expansion of this great site and group is of course good and bad. As guys having fun with the group tell a bud the bud logs in and joins a tourney or two. He or she never posts never contributes but takes a spot of some one that does. Tough call but it is the nature of the beast.

The idea of two divisions if this season proves to have the numbers needed to do it could be a good call. Or maybe a Saturday circuit (works for me lol as I work Sundays and make very few Ts because of it.)?

To me when this set up was discussed and designed for this season I was all for it. Sounded good, like rules and requirements. The one thing I did not agree to and it appears to have been adjusted or fixed was that Startos, Sinista and Kenny all get auto spots. I completely appreciate all the hard work that that crew did, does and continues to do. But seeing the increased interest in this I thought, sorry to say, it should be an even playing field for all ie EVERYONE has an equal chance to sign in. SO no preference given to your place in the hierarchy.

That seems indeed to be the design now and I applaud it.

Hope every one has a safe fun Tourney come Sunday and look forward to the results and hope to get in on one or two of them as the Season moves on.

Kenny Rich and I don't all get auto ins only the one posting the event the other two fend for themselves.

So to everyone, I am really at a crossroads here for a few reasons
1) what started as can we open it to 16, or 17 has grown to can we open it to 21 as of the last text message I have recieved.
2) IF and I stress IF WE were to do this how can I be assured I did what was in the best interest of us all, and how can WE be sure that this ONE TIME MEANS ONE TIME?
3) How do I deal with feeling as though there will be those who say I did this out of favoritism for certain individuals
4) How do I explain to the town official if he shows up ( don't suspect he won't he has shown up there before) that we went 5 over what your permitted allowed so we didn't hurt anyone's feelings? Speaking to Johhny he made a great point when he said " Neil its your name on the permit, you are the one who will have to answer to what ever arises as a result of this"

So in closing I NEED you ALL to understand that there are so many variables that go into this and what Sam said hits the nail on the head, you can't please everyone 100% of the time

My ( they only my I will use) decision after speaking with and gathering information from posts and text messages from a dozen or so people is to leave it at 15.

Here is your turn, without bringing up any other issues, or referencing any other events or past years , tell me how this can work with ZERO repercussions and how we will ensure that the next small event won't bring about the same requests

Change NOTHING! The rules and regulations are in place and should be followed to the T. Late to launch start without them. Late to weigh in dock the weight. Didn't sign up in time sorry try the next one.

It is harsh to some and it may be unreasonable to others but in the end the MAFF tourneys have grown to the point that this is the only truly fair way for this to work.

Next Season use the data from this Season and make the necessary adjustments. Maybe close it to say maybe must have x amount of posts or the 2 division idea. Or some agreed upon, before the Season, idea to make it that these are not open to just any one. Which of course brings up the dreaded club word again.

I have lots of experience organizing a group and in the end especially when it is your name on it, I have always stuck to the letter of the law with out any exceptions.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 am

samf

i hope both you and neil catch a pickerel. a big, fat, slimy mofo with shark sized teeth. 4-5 pound class hahahahaha

Sam sure hates the pickerel Smile I love the darn things so long as they're over 20".

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:36 pm

UNREAL

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm

meatballs

UNREAL

RIGHT, mike I hope to jump on board one time this season bro, let me know some sunday you want to head out i'll meet you anywhere my friend and i'll bring the coldies!

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm sorry if I upset anyone but I just had a hard time with being shut out so fast.Can you blame me for trying?I have never seen anything happen so fast on one of these sign ups.Will I ever make it in to a maff tourney again?If it happens that fast I really don't know.Scotty and I will be there but not as Halo.We will split up and fish with Doug and Zach.Watch out boys,We're coming for you. Twisted Evil

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Where is all the smack talk?

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 am

Can you guys open up a spot for JBIGUN and can I use my bassboat and trim the outboard up? Thanks

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:02 pm

jbigun

Can you guys open up a spot for JBIGUN and can I use my bassboat and trim the outboard up? Thanks

You are BANNED!!!!

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:04 pm

jbigun

Don't be silly now. Car toppers can fish big boat T's, but not the other way around for some reason.

Last edited by blackgts2002 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Aircraft carrier is the way to go

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 pm

blackgts2002

jbigun

Don't be silly now. Car toppers can fish big boat T's, but not the other way around for some reason.

Come on Joe.... There is no advantage to being in a crawdad on Mashpee Wakeby. There would be an advantage being in a 20' Ranger on Billinton.

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm

stratos1966

blackgts2002

jbigun

Come on Joe.... There is no advantage to being in a crawdad on Mashpee Wakeby. There would be an advantage being in a 20' Ranger on Billinton.

A lot of these toppers have decks on them. What is the difference? The boat does not put the fish in itself.

Edit: for the record I have never fished Billington so I do not know what you mean.

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 pm

blackgts2002

stratos1966

blackgts2002

jbigun

A lot of these toppers have decks on them. What is the difference? The boat does not put the fish in itself.

Joe ask yourself this question. If you had the choice between fishing out of a 12'Jon with decks or a 20' ranger on Sunday, which would you choose and ..... WHY???

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Forget it Rich.

Last edited by blackgts2002 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

just so you guys understand this back and forth banter is exactly what people talk about.
it is why i visit this site less and less and will fade all together eventually. sad

good luck to all this year

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links