I know this is probably last minute to ask you guys! I'm plan to stop by ct river tomorrow. Due to on the way to home from New York. So, which location should I fish at? Please give me direction where to park at! because I don't want to get into trouble with my car! haha

I really want to hook up my first shad ever! Really frusturated lately! Now, I got tiny opportunity to go stop by CT River before I can able to go work at 2pm.

Any info is huge appreciate!

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 10:00 am

Only spot I fish shad is out of Westfield River (which is a branch off the CT), like 10 minutes off 91. If that interests you, park at the Dunkin Donuts on Springfield St in Agawam, just over the west springfield line near the Big E. Once you park theres a little dirt path close to the bridge that you go down to the water. Hope that helps if its close

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH! for this tip! I caught over 100 shads. from 12am to 6am before I end up losing all shad jigs. So I figured it that it is good time to give up and go home. I tried to take better pictures but it is too damn dark to get it. Thank you for help my quest to catch shad!

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 12:43 pm

Also, are you was there at this morning? because I was fishing right next to two guys like probably 20-30 feet away. So, I was shy to walk up to them. I was wondering if that guy was you? Let me know! MUCH THANKS AGAIN!!!

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Wasn't me, I am on Cape at the moment hunting down them stripers

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 7:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links