I am truly baffled at how entire threads are just removed for no reason.

People spend time and effort to start a thread and open up discussions on certain topics and it seems that if someone wants it to end, they have it taken down. I understand sometimes threads become War Rooms (loved that thread by the way, MAFF all-timer) and MIGHT need to be removed, but why the heck was Kens thread removed?

Is this an open forum or should we now run topics and responses by someone before we are allowed to post them?

This is the stuff that drives me insane. If you dont like a topic, DONT READ IT and move on. To just remove the thing because you dont want any more discussion on it or dont like the direction it is going in, is mind boggling and quite frankly, BS.

Our Tournament Directors do an unbelievable amount of work and they have the right to set certain standards for the tournament trail, whether I agree with them or not. But no one aside from the guy who owns this website should have to authority to remove someone elses threads for no good reason.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. This past year ive seen more and more harmless threads just disappear and its bothering the sh*t out of me. Remove individual responses if someone crosses the line, don't delete a 7 page thread that interests some of us.

Fish on boys!

-Napa

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 pm

It's just easier sometimes to delete the bs than to keep it there and let all the new people get brought down with the crap as well as the rest of us.

and now "this thread will delete in 10.9.8.7.6.....

love ya bro!

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

I can see some reasons for threads and posts being removed. That's why this site has moderators. We have no idea what the owner of this site has empowered the moderators to do. The fact that they have the ability to remove threads tell me that it is part of their responsibility. If they deem a thread harmful to the site or counter productive..... poof it's gone. Every site needs moderators with that ability.
For example what if information given is just flat out wrong and that wrong information sends a thread in the wrong direction. Ken's thread was full of misinformation. No one knows whats right and wrong.

How about thread that just reflects poorly on the website? The war room thread was just such a thread. No need to let that thread sit there for everyone to see and read. Nothing positive came out of it.

FWIW I did not nor have ever requested a thread be removed.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Is that what keeps happening to my videos?

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm

I musta missed something....but probably better that way.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for the text book response on how a website works. You are just a plethora of information.

I disagree that Kens thread was full of misinformation. It was a bunch of MEMBERS brain storming ideas. Not once did anyone come to a final solution to the issue. Nothing was harmful to anyone or the site. We may not like peoples ideas, but im not sure thats a removable offense. I also think a resolution to that topic is necessary.

Let keep in mind this is a fishing website, not the Counter Terrorist Unit. The power trip some of you guys are on is mind boggling.

The war room will be coming to a dock near you! Bring you depends!

WARNING: The opinions expressed by Napa have no reflection on the views,opinions, and beliefs of MAFF founders or moderators. He is a rogue member that simply cannot be stopped

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:45 pm

I think you sank his battleship..

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:01 pm

I was only trying to get a reasonable solution to a situation which needed to be brought forth.By signing up and not showing up you do wrong to fellow maffers who want to fish and will show up.I was making no decisions without substantial support from all.If it wasn't supported then nothing would be done.
It got a little distorted when others who don't or haven't fished tourneys with us started to put their two cents worth in.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:15 pm

stratos1966

I can see some reasons for threads and posts being removed. That's why this site has moderators. We have no idea what the owner of this site has empowered the moderators to do. The fact that they have the ability to remove threads tell me that it is part of their responsibility. If they deem a thread harmful to the site or counter productive..... poof it's gone. Every site needs moderators with that ability.
For example what if information given is just flat out wrong and that wrong information sends a thread in the wrong direction. Ken's thread was full of misinformation. No one knows whats right and wrong.

How about thread that just reflects poorly on the website? The war room thread was just such a thread. No need to let that thread sit there for everyone to see and read. Nothing positive came out of it.

FWIW I did not nor have ever requested a thread be removed.

At least this site doesn't have moderators who threaten people with physical violence.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Not yet!

I kid

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

Not yet!

I kid

Laughing

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 pm

khaskins

I was only trying to get a reasonable solution to a situation which needed to be brought forth.By signing up and not showing up you do wrong to fellow maffers who want to fish and will show up.I was making no decisions without substantial support from all.If it wasn't supported then nothing would be done.
It got a little distorted when others who don't or haven't fished tourneys with us started to put their two cents worth in.

Ken, your thread had good intentions, problem is when you put it out there on a forum with 100's of people viewing, you get 100's of different opinions. Some people who have no intention of fishing put in their 2 cents. Now you have people saying this and people saying that. No one knows what is what. Perfect example was the pay pal option. That was NEVER an option but someone mentioned it then others chimed it they would never prepay through pay pal. Before you know it guys are talking behind the scenes..... can you believe they want us to prepay with pay pal when in fact NO ONE associated with the tournaments EVER suggested pay pal.
IMO Ken, Neil, myself and Johnny run/over see the trails. We should decide how we run them. I think we have done a great job so far. If someone does not like our decision, they can choose not to fish. If a large number of members do not like what and how we do things, the trails will fail and someone else can take over next year.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 pm

I choose not to fish the trail, others have as well and I wish the best of luck to those who do

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm

chevin37

I choose not to fish the trail, others have as well and I wish the best of luck to those who do

Quit holding grudges and fish the trail again. You guys are good competition.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 pm

It is what it is and those who choose to participate will and those who don't, won't. That's why we have our separate groups now (online and in real life) and do what we do.

I do have to admit though, the censorship is quite annoying and something we can do without. No use complaining about it though. It will just get removed eventually. This is a site with hundreds of people and opinions that are never going to agree on everything, but that's why we call it freedom of speech and what sets us aside from other countries. But I guess if we don't like it, we can always just leave.

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links