i cant find the serial # on my cartoper. i need it to register the boat. anyone know what i should do? (11' 9" lowe)

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Ask registry. Is there any old registration sticker on it?
I had old aluminum boat with same issue years ago.
I explained to registry and i think they backtracked #'s or issued new?
Shouldn't be to hard.

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:08 pm

fishermanmike

i cant find the serial # on my cartoper. i need it to register the boat. anyone know what i should do? (11' 9" lowe)

Hey Mike, did you just get the lowe? The dealer should have it on the papwerork they gave you.

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm

What are you doing registering now? The soft water season is over. Get ready for BEERS on the ICE.

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm

tuna

What are you doing registering now? The soft water season is over. Get ready for BEERS on the ICE.

Don't forget the whiskey on the ice either!

But as far as registering it....check out their website or call, there's usually a serial number somewhere on record.

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm

do you mean the rmv or the environmental police?

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 am

fishermanmike

do you mean the rmv or the environmental police?

EPA.

My crawdad was the same. Only could make out some of numbers took a guess on rest, they didn't question it?

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 pm

fishermanmike

A: Boats built prior to 1972 or any vessel that does not have a 12 character hull identification number (HIN) must have the state issue one. Boat inspections are performed by the Massachusetts Environmental Police. Call 1-800-632-8075 to arrange an inspection.

Subpart C - manufacturer requirements, but DLE may issue HIN's for homemade boats and any manufactured vessel that does not have an assigned HIN. The number contains at least 12 characters and is permanently mounted or engraved on the upper right corner of the transom. Federal regulations require that the number is also placed in a second location which varies by manufacturer and model.

The Lund Boat website says the same thing Upper Starboard Exterior of the Transom

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 pm

There are separate registries for marine registration.There is one in Hyannis,one in Fall River I think the next closest is worcester and then springfield.Check mass boat reg.info to make sure.If their is any reg.history on the boat they will be able to tell you.Call first to see what you need.Sometimes pictures are fine if you have previous history with bill of sale.Try to find a tag on the hull somewhere,it may be inside also.You may find it etched in the sidewall.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links