i use the ones from seastrike. large size. amazing for surf casting with braid. my saltwater setup.
65lbs power pro with 40lbs floro.
so quick and easy. i would love some smaller sizes for freshwater.

i hate changing lures when im using braid

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm

bassturds

this is the exact reason why i bought the norman clips lol. there is only so many times i can bear tying a palomar in one night , especially cause im very anal about cinching the sh1t out of my knots so they are nice and sturdy and i have all these permanent little cuts and gashes on my index fingers from tying braid knots. i used to tie uni knos for braid but quickly got sick of the tedious process every time i had to switch lures so i almost exclusively tie palomar's with braid

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm

bassinbrooksy

bassturds

this is the exact reason why i bought the norman clips lol. there is only so many times i can bear tying a palomar in one night , especially cause im very anal about cinching the sh1t out of my knots so they are nice and sturdy and i have all these permanent little cuts and gashes on my index fingers from tying braid knots. i used to tie uni knos for braid but quickly got sick of the tedious process every time i had to switch lures so i almost exclusively tie palomar's with braid

thats the only knot i use for braid. i need to find a new fast snap for freshwater. i think the saltwater one i use is to big.

i just found hyper snap. its easy to put on lures or hooks with a small eye. unlike the dual lock swivels and coast lock. and lot tougher then interlock swivles.

ive lost my livetarget frog with the interlock swivels. hooked a good bass and the swivle bent.

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Clip them right to the split ring. It makes cranking so much easier.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 am

I use Terminal Tackle breakways on my saltwater plugging poles.I've never had a problem.Same amount of hook ups no retying knots in the dark on the rocks of canal.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 am

shawneramone

Clip them right to the split ring. It makes cranking so much easier.

Really? Right to the split ring? Wow, I was wondering that myself. I've purchased "quick clips" recently to make it easier to change crankbaits & can't wait to try them. I'm going to try it both ways, seeing as I've never used them before. Thanks for the advice, all of you on this string.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 am

You definitely want to attach it to the split ring. You do not want to remove the split ring. The speed clip connected to the split ring gives the bait more side to side action.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 am

stratos1966

You definitely want to attach it to the split ring. You do not want to remove the split ring. The speed clip connected to the split ring gives the bait more side to side action.

Very good, thank you.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 am

I haven't tried the quick connect clips, but think I will this year. Then again I didn't use jigs 2 years ago and now I can't live without them! Looking forward to expanding repertoire even more this year.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:50 pm

i'll be trying them out this year as well.

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:42 am

I used them all this past year too due to Shawn's post and they were great, I used cheap BPS ones and never had issues with em

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 pm

I know they are small, but I am always nervous about adding anything else the fish could possibly see. I would rather retie each time. Probably most ponds around here are stained enough where I don't think fish would be able to see it, but if I am going to retie after a few fish I rather not deal with something the fish could possibly see.

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

If anything I think it would provide a little flash.

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm just super anal about stupid things like that, it probably makes no difference but I'm just set in my ways.

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

I totally understand. I think we all have things that we do just because that's the way we want to do them.

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links