MuskieBigFish....you and some of the more experienced Carp anglers need to head there this weekend and one up that guy!

Posted Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:05 pm

I doubt that was world record.. because I knew several of my friends in NY pulled 40-50 pounds carp through ice. But If that happens, you can be sure that I'll break it when next ice season come up!

Posted Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:43 pm

i first read this and was like what?!?! someone managed to fit a 102 lb carp threw an ice hole?!?! lol cause current world record common carp is 100 lbs 8 oz and was cought in france and there are siamese carp in asia that double that but the story you are refering to is actually a potential "ice fishing" carp record. its 32 lbs 2oz which is no doubt a nice fish but ive landed a 30 lber before, now 32 lb carp threw a hole in the ice is another story and i bet it was a fun fish to catch but not fun to ty n fit threw an 8 to 10" hole lol

Posted Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:19 pm

From the article I read it also has to do with the fact that the fish was caught and released. Although it looks a little bloody from the pic:

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/ci_25069997/potentially-record-carp-pulled-from-frozen-housatonic-river

Posted Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Holy Carp!!!!!!!!

I have tried but never any luck

Posted Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:48 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links