I thought everybody around here spoke Kmanasm

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 12:20 pm

BTW not everyone has to let the state know there catches. I've caught over 3 Pin worthy bass and 1 black crappie, but never even crossed my mind to go officially have some guy tell me what i already know. As long i got some quality photos/videos im happy. For example if i caught a record out of some pond alot of people fish what the heck maybe i'll call it in, but if i caught it at my honey hole i would NEVER EVER let officials know.

Missing the entire point.

I happen to read this post. It "claimed" the fish was certified on a scale, which "should" indicate it was weighed in at a Ma. affiliated weigh station and submitted to the State for documentation.

My post clearly points this out as a red herring and is more then likely a false statement in the original post if it never is validated by Ma. Wildlife.

Regardless, how when where it was caught is irrelevant and wasn't even challenged. So all those who are running off on tangents, are doing so without provocation.

No need to be overly excited about it, I never said it never happened, just hasn't been recognized by Ma. so I may actually believe it. Cool

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Wow . . . all these years I've been putting live worms on my hook all by myself and I find out that I'm not a real fisherman after all, just a lowly worm killer. Confused Maybe I'll name my kayak that. Very Happy

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 2:35 pm

ffgrizzley

Wow . . . all these years I've been putting live worms on my hook all by myself and I find out that I'm not a real fisherman after all, just a lowly worm killer. Confused Maybe I'll name my kayak that. Very Happy

That's actually a pretty cool name.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 pm

mrchameleon

BTW not everyone has to let the state know there catches. I've caught over 3 Pin worthy bass and 1 black crappie, but never even crossed my mind to go officially have some guy tell me what i already know. As long i got some quality photos/videos im happy. For example if i caught a record out of some pond alot of people fish what the heck maybe i'll call it in, but if i caught it at my honey hole i would NEVER EVER let officials know.

I happen to read this post. It "claimed" the fish was certified on a scale, which "should" indicate it was weighed in at a Ma. affiliated weigh station and submitted to the State for documentation.

My post clearly points this out as a red herring and is more then likely a false statement in the original post if it never is validated by Ma. Wildlife.

Regardless, how when where it was caught is irrelevant and wasn't even challenged. So all those who are running off on tangents, are doing so without provocation.

No need to be overly excited about it, I never said it never happened, just hasn't been recognized by Ma. so I may actually believe it. Cool

Yeah i jump the gun on that sorry. I guess just because you made it seem like the bass was a complete fake. Regardless fake or not it's still a HUGE bass and don't see why the quabbin couldn't produce some quality fish like that?? Also why would muskie a respected MAFF member lie about something like that???

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 3:33 pm

yea i would s*** on the guy more for using live bait for freshwater bass. than for mounting it. i think mount look better than replicas and that fish has passed it's genes on many times over and is probably on its last year or 2. any other species i can see using live bait. if live bait were cool they'd do it on the bassmasters. just my opinion we do live in a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 5:14 pm

mrchameleon

I think a lot of the problems people are having is your new to the site you come and write a post that is claiming it was not a certified catch and muskie is one great guy who always contributes his knowledge when he can and wouldnt bullshit any of us just because it hasnt been updated yet does not mean it hasnt been certified.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm

this bass has probably spawned before! so here genes are in the lake stilll

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:54 am

nice one! don't have to let the fish die to get a pin tho! someone said it. A guy that does HVAC on houses we plumb brings a cooler. if he catches a pinfish, he fills it with water and puts the fish in it. brings it to the shop, then brings it back to where he caught it and releases it. he has 2 pins. i don't know how it is now. he said his last pin was in 92

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Its illegal to transport live fish here in MA. Although nobody really follows this, my buddy did get caught once bringing a some big bass from his private pond to another private pond on my other buddy's land, in an effort to help him stock it. The officer said to not transport live fish, and let him go. That's the one experience I've heard of with this.

But anyhow, you can get a scale certified I believe somehow. Someone told me that they got their scale certified by the city or something. Might be better than transporting the fish or killing it...

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Not knowing any better we used to do this as kids. Probably messed up whole balnce of the ponds we did this at. 1 pond was a very small one. As a kid I was so happy to see the fish had spawned but went there a few yrs back and place had dried up to just a swamp.

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:43 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links