samf

thanks. if the sun was out and you were targeting the shoreline, would you focus on the shade or sunny side first given how early in the pre-spawn most places are right now?

i'm really wondering if bass are generally looking to be in the sun or shade this time of year.

I was out on W. Mopo too on Sunday. Blue bird skies and I threw my entire box at them. Couple light taps on a jig in the shade, nothing hooked up.

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:48 am

samf

thanks. if the sun was out and you were targeting the shoreline, would you focus on the shade or sunny side first given how early in the pre-spawn most places are right now?

i'm really wondering if bass are generally looking to be in the sun or shade this time of year.

Sunny shorelines with shade created by cover is always perfered. Fish will use prime cover whether its in the sun or not. If a fish is sitting in direct sunlight this time of year... good luck catching it. That fish is trying to warm up and has no interest in feeding. You see that at times on the Cape. 3,4,5 bass just sitting there out in the open in 2' of water. Spooky as hell.

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:54 pm

thanks rich. very good information.

Posted Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Sweet, way ta go!

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:30 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links