lookin for a pon with pikes around hamilton please reply

Posted Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Goto the Concord River bro. That's your best bet for northern pike in the area. Look at my profile, I got my very first northern pike there last summer.

Posted Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm

1 pike, 20 pike, i think thats one of those deer, deers words, lol, concord river, blackstone river in Rhode Island has some bigguns also

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 am

If you're on the Cape, Wequaquet may give you what you want. I agree, if you get to the Concord R., you may get a very big pike.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Lake Whitehall in Hopkinton and A-1 Pond in Westboro are known to have some Pike, the numbers aren't abundant but I've heard the quality can be great!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Near hamilton there are no ponds that have a sustained pike population.. Although a know a few bodies of water that do hold some, but they are hard to target. Attitash in amesbury, cochichewick in na, chadwick pond and the merrimack in certain places also the concord in carlisle.. Gl!

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 pm

where on concord river ?

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 am

skoda

where on concord river ?

I have caught a few out of Fairhaven Bay and the surrounding area in Concord, MA. Im not sure if its the Concord River or Sudbury River though.

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:36 am

good boat ramp there somewhere?

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 am

Depends what you are taking out. If its a full sized boat I think you have to go up river some and then jet to it. There is a launch but it is designed for canoes/kayaks as you have to walk about 100 ft to waters edge. It can be done carrying a car topper though. If you do a thread search for Kayak tournaments there was one held there and that is where we launched from. Im not quite sure where up or down river you would go to launch a boat.

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am

yeah i have a 14 ft vhull with 15 hp and a smaller trailer to back in
no carrying that thing hehe

thansk anyways mate id love me some big pike before ice

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:51 am

skoda

yeah i have a 14 ft vhull with 15 hp and a smaller trailer to back in
no carrying that thing hehe

thansk anyways mate id love me some big pike before ice

I actually found the old post for you regarding this, and it was from Johhny.

"hey man, if you really want some good pike action head to wayland ma, shermans bridge road. launch to the left of the bridge and head under the bridge, follow the river past the new rte 117 bridge, after about a mile or so you come to fairhaven bay. straight to the far right corner of the bay. the whole corner should be a nice bed of pads and weeds. some days you can see the pike just hanging around at the surface. weedless rubber frog and they hit em all day.

I highly recomend that spot"

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 pm

The boat ramp for the concord river is on rt 225 on the bedford carlisle line next to the bridge. It is suitable for launching any size boat. There are pike all over that river either way u decide to go. U do not have to run to fairhaven bay... Theo frogs, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits or swimbaits. U can also use shallow cranks in the middle of the river. Good luck!

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

South watuppa has em! look at my pic. Im doing a job on the hamilton res in holland ma. The holland market is loaded with pics of monsters that come through the ice. Will be dragging the boat out there come april for sure.

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links