shouldn't there be a pike and musky forum in here??

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Maybe the powers that be can add one, I don't fish for them since they're not local to me unfortunately, but they are freiken awesome fish!!! and would love to learn/hear more about them.

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:24 pm

+1 for Pike and Musky forum! (oh and Pickeral too! the whole Esox fam!)

Pike threads seem to pop up in the bass forum, gen disc, and freshwater reports a lot. I agree Esox deserves it own thread!

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:53 pm

knobcreek

Maybe the powers that be can add one, I don't fish for them since they're not local to me unfortunately, but they are freiken awesome fish!!! and would love to learn/hear more about them.

There may be some Tiger Muskie and Northern Pike closer to you than you think!
Taunton, Bridgewater, Sharon, the Charles... not exactly sure where the SOuth Shore begins and ends but definitely check out the MassWildlife website to see where they have been stocked. Like pickeral, Northern Pike will hit anything you'd throw for largemouth Bass. So what I do when I go to places that have Pike, I just use a steel leader and my normal bass lures and sometimes I get a Pike, and what a fight they are!

oh and the link to the website to show where they've been stocked:
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/esocids/pike_muskie_waters.htm
and best bets:
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/best_bets/best_bets_pike.htm

yes we def need a Esox forum!

Posted Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm in for Pike and Muskie. It would be nice to share info and locations on these toothy critters.

Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 am

Yes to Pike forum!!!! I fish for them thru the ice and i would like to find more areas and share my areas and techniques.

Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:54 am

I agree ... an Esox forum would be great. They're a favorite ... tough characters and fight well. It would be a fine way to share ideas, methods and maybe even waters (!). Yeah, I know ... but, at least by P.M.'ing. I had a very nice Pick roll on my lure today ... he was 'on' for about 0.4 seconds, then sliced that line clean. Saw him as he did it ... long and THICK body ... that's okay, I know where he lives now !

Posted Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links