certainly true at Ponkapoag too -- but I've also had my rod doubled over by some nice sized picks and don't mind that in the least!

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 pm

I nominate Farm pond in Framingham couple weeks ago friend and I caught 11pickerel a piece in 2 hrs only bass we had he lost.Top it off he of course cut his finger getting lure out of pickerels mouth last time he went there he caught nothing but pickerel again used to be his go to spot for bass now he says he's all done won't go back ha ha!

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:58 pm

instead of a 5 fish limit it would be as much dead pickerel weight as you can catch. I think I'm onto something here

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

MAFF GENOCIDE TOURNY!

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:42 pm

I caught one pushing 5 lbs tonight

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 pm

shawneramone

instead of a 5 fish limit it would be as much dead pickerel weight as you can catch. I think I'm onto something here

Imagine how good your garden will look with all that fertilizer!

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 4:21 am

volume4130

shawneramone

Imagine how good your garden will look with all that fertilizer!

Laughing Laughing

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 7:33 am

Ha ha worse than the kivas at least you don't have to worry about gettin split wide open getting lure back from a kiva Last year caught a huge pickerel off a Kastmaster and cut my finger open getting it back no pliers or glove bad day to forgett pliers but I wasn't let that bastard get my Kastmaster!

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 am

I hate the thieving bastids Exclamation Lose at least one bait to one every trip out Exclamation Mad

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 am

For secret lead-free pickerel tech, I can thoroughly recommend a Texas rigged Brush Hog. I have a long and glorious record of catching pickerel and pike on those.

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 am

3lbs and up put up a solid fight, on a slow day, I love seeing the shark like vicious attack of pickerel coming out of no where and just smashing a lure. Morse's pond has some lunker picks, had one on yesterday, as I got him closer to shore, he turned and cut my line. Then he just sat there about 4 feet off shore just recovering for like 30mins.

Take all the small picks and put the big ones back Smile

They'd probably make a decent Gefilte fish patty, haha.

Posted Sat May 05, 2012 10:50 am

caught a 4lber in lake waban. lots of them there

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

So how about a pickerel tourney?

Posted Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 pm

Cast catch and punt. Instead of weighing in the pickerel , whoever can punt their pickerel the furthest into the woods , wins.

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:32 am

stratos1966

Cast catch and punt. Instead of weighing in the pickerel , whoever can punt their pickerel the furthest into the woods , wins.

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links