They swim differently and the square bill deflects off hard cover like wood or rocks better.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 am

that was a good tourny. i had a lota fun. i liked the siz of the lake. i didn't feal like i was at that much of a disatvantage with my cartop. good time. cant wait till the nxt one.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 am

fishermanmike

that was a good tourny. i had a lota fun. i liked the siz of the lake. i didn't feal like i was at that much of a disatvantage with my cartop. good time. cant wait till the nxt one.

You shouldn't feel at a disadvantage at all. Especially at a small place like Oldham where you can cover the whole place. My main battery was flat by 2 though. I'm not sure what I had left on the 2nd battery as it was just running the aerator for the most part.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

slight disatvantage with time spent travling.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 am

I try to look at things with a positive spin. Lack of speed equals fishing more thoroughly. Where guys in a bass boat tend to move quickly I will spend more time on an area. Especially if I feel like theres fish there. The first tourney at Oldham this year we went from the ramp to our spot and never moved off about a 50 yard stretch. That happened to be where I caught my 1st one Sunday too. I stayed there for almost 3 hours. The only time it really sucks is when it's time to get back to the ramp.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 am

yea it was a good tourny. good size lake to have both types of boats on it.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:34 am

what kind of line u use for cranks? do u want a floating line or sinking? line with stretch or no stretch?

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am

Until Sunday I was using 10 pound mono. I left the mono on one rod and changed the rod I use for the deep stuff to 12 pound fluro. I caught fish with both and really like the way the fluro felt with that rod. It's a quantum KVD 7'4 medium cranking rod. It's pretty sweet.

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:48 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links