Went for a couple of casts after dinner ran into a guy at hop res who told me a 6 1/2 yr old kid just caught a 22in Salmon on a rubber bass frog lol! kid was just horsing around guy showed me the picture.Ha ha you just never know when or what you will catch a fish on!

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 pm

hahaha now thats a fish story.

22in salmon on a frog.
only way i would believe it if GOD came down and told me it happend.
if i was there when it happend
or i saw a video of it.

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Nothing surprises me as far as what a fish will eat. I took a younger cousin of mine to Walden Pond for some trout fishing years back and he proceeded to tie on a Hula Popper. We were in the middle of the pond, which is very deep and he was casting it out. I was laughing to myself at his choice of lures when he proceeded to catch a 15 inch Rainbow! On another occasion a novice fisherman friend was fishing at Quabbin for Salmon and Lakers and was having no luck. He decided to try one of those rubber worms with the dual hooks, beads and the propeller in front. Something no Salmon fisherman would ever consider using. He caught a 21 inch Landlocked Salmon on it! I don't criticize anybody's lure choices anymore!

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 am

Sometimes the unconventional is the way to go. As fisherman, we tend to fall into the same old behaviors and then wonder why we aren't catching fish.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:55 am

First striper I ever caught was when my son was 5 and it was on a night crawler and bobber with his batman pole in the Lower Mystics Lake

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:03 am

My buddy has told me that he has caught stripers on buffalo chicken wings! But I wouldn't know cuz I don't waste buffalo chicken

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 am

One of my captain loved to use old pieces of underwear tied on jig and caught tons of stripers. TRUE STORY! I has witnessed this on occasion when I got chance to fish with him. I plainly refused to use that! But hell, it is still works for him after many years.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:51 am

deaffisherman

One of my captain loved to use old pieces of underwear tied on jig and caught tons of stripers. TRUE STORY! I has witnessed this on occasion when I got chance to fish with him. I plainly refused to use that! But hell, it is still works for him after many years.

Boxers or briefs?

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Hopefully his underwear..cap'n comes at me for my briefs..I am man over board! Razz

Friend of mine from Germany has some great ideas for a video this year when he comes for a visit. Going to do a session fishing carp with non conventional baits like banana peels etc, just to have a bit of fun and show how unserious fishing needs to be some days. Nothing harmful of course.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links