Happy! A box full of new lures from OverstockBait arrived today!

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 pm

I have a basspro and a tacklewarehouse in the mail. Sunday looks like it might be ok

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:08 pm

shawneramone

I have a basspro and a tacklewarehouse in the mail. Sunday looks like it might be ok

Might head to Ponki or Massapoug Sunday like 7-12. Not sure yet.

Leaning towards Massapoug, no good reports coming out of Ponki. Massapoug seems to awlays reproduce, may not be size I was just want to bring in some fish.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm

I also have 2 new reels on the way from Tackle Warehouse and 2 rods from Fishermans Factory Outlet. Shhhhh...don't tell the wife.

Soon to be in seventh heaven Smile

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Bobby, ring me if you need a partner since they are just down the street from me.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 pm

berkleegrad

Bobby, ring me if you need a partner since they are just down the street from me.

Will do. I know you hit Ponki all the time. Any tips for Massapoag?

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Believe it or not, I haven't been there in decades. Summer is a pain because of the parking restrictions and beach traffic. But I would love to go back down because I remember catching a lot of nice bass against the docks the last time I was there.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

berkleegrad

Believe it or not, I haven't been there in decades. Summer is a pain because of the parking restrictions and beach traffic. But I would love to go back down because I remember catching a lot of nice bass against the docks the last time I was there.

From the trips there it looks promising. The 45 ft max is a little intimidating but Im going to try and focus around the hump on the east side seen on the mass.gov map. Good lord I need to learn how to read/interpret my fish finder better.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:34 pm

you guys should hit the charles haha

i bet ponki is real tough this time of year...clear, cold water and that wind...

i would head out somewhere this weekend but i dumped my topper off for winter storage.

massapoag in sharon? some popular massapoag spots: big rock / hump in the middle, docks and anchored boats near the yacht club although all the boats are probably out, rocky shallower area across and to the right of the launch. there are smallies in there too.

not sure what you're fishing out of, but a few things to keep in mind...the place is really big. i passed by the other day and the water seemed to be low and lastly, i don't think i've ever seen the place without a lot of wind since it's out in the open.

i know i said i'm not going there again but if you want to catch some fish close by, maybe try spot pond. shallow and deep water...and you will absolutely be able to practice reading electronics. tons of bait, bass, and a big deep section.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:53 pm

53 degrees on Sunday w/ 8mph wind. Sounds like a good day for fishing.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 pm

I dont think Sam meant Spot pond, maybe Spy?

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah my bad spy. Definitely good for numbers.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

If it's Massapoag, be sure to bring your trout kit.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 pm

I went to spot for a few casts this afternoon. The rocks beat up my line and I lost a lure when the line snapped on an extra ummph cast. I decided I'm never shore fishing again. I always lose lures and I hate that. I'm going somewhere this weekend but am not sure where.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm hitting lower Sunday

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links