For the guys looking to keep it going. This is the same group that Ken posted for 12/4. Call 508-525-2699 or dwojo@hotmail.com

This is what he had to say:

i DO NOT have a permit yet from the town of Halifax but i wanted to get this posted now...the format will be (pending approval for a permit and weather permitting) we will fish both West and East Monponsett and once you pick which side you are going to fish then you cannot pull your boat and go to the other lake...the check in and weigh-in will be done at the beach/parking lot on the East side....this has been done before ( t/y Gary Joy ) and i found it to be an interesting way to have more water to fish...the weighin takes a lil more time but its a great format for sure...you would launch your boat on the side you want to fish then proceed with your boat down to the culvert that runs beneath the road there is room for all to meet on the side of the road before the start of the tourney ...no, the culvert cant be used to go thru to access the other lake.....i will need a person to run the blast off and make sure all are at the ramp at 2pm on the lake side i am not fishing...like i said...Gary Joy has fished this format there before and he suggested it to our club and we did it and the format worked out very well...suggestions?...thoughts?...opinions?...fire away!

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:05 am

East Monponsett is not a state run ramp, so no need for a permit, however you are supposed to be a town resident to launch on the east side. If I remember correctly, Sgt Broderick of the Halifax Police Dept. oversees the lakes. If you call him and let him know the date, you wont have any hassles.

This is my home lake, and the fishing here this yr was pretty good. My avatar pic is a 7.10 i pulled in the pre-spawn.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:11 am

That is a NICE FISH! I only caught 2 fish there this year and they both were 4lbs. I seen some other decent weights that made me think that place had quality fish. That area is a long ride for me to fish but if i had the opportunity I'd go back.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 am

i drove by east last week and there are no resident only signs posted on the east side that i noticed.

Posted Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links