I think you are off-base too. Other forums, specifically salt water forums, prohibit naming exact locations, its called spot-burning. You will create an uproar if you name specific locations. This site offers more information, locations, etc... than any other site I've seen. Its up to every individual to make a personal decision on how much to share. If you fish a small relatively obscure body of water, state you just caught 2 5lbers there, wait to you see how may fishermen start showning up there. Especially in suburbia.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:44 am

just do it like me have a gps tracker in the bags of sinista and blackstone and track where they are with pinpoint accuracy

dont have to post cause i allready know where yu hidin
mohahahah Twisted Evil

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 am

skoda

just do it like me have a gps tracker in the bags of sinista and blackstone and track where they are with pinpoint accuracy

dont have to post cause i allready know where yu hidin
mohahahah Twisted Evil

Lol you wish sucka..I'm supa sneaky like and popped that thing on my dog's collar long ago.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:54 am

knobcreek

I think you are off-base too. Other forums, specifically salt water forums, prohibit naming exact locations, its called spot-burning. You will create an uproar if you name specific locations. This site offers more information, locations, etc... than any other site I've seen. Its up to every individual to make a personal decision on how much to share. If you fish a small relatively obscure body of water, state you just caught 2 5lbers there, wait to you see how may fishermen start showning up there. Especially in suburbia.

I agree. I have no problem naming the body of water I had a great trip on, but why should I do all the work - scounting the place out, hours spent learning the structure, surroundings, etc - to make it easier for some other shmoe. I like this site and have met some really great people on here I which we meet up and fish, but I have no tolerance for spot poachers.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:55 am

I thought this one might generate some conversation. Many good points made. Keep sharing your techniques boys cuz I'm gonna eventually find your honey hole...uhhhh wait, that didn't come out right

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:07 am

I recently learned the term paylaking from a fisherman from Ohio. Has anybody heard this before? I understand that Paylaking is jumping on someone elses spot either by them telling you about said spot or by people seeing a fish caught and then casting into that area. I see it a lot on that FB page. NO PAYLAKING. I like it

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am

The most common term Pay Lake refers to , as you would guess Lakes that you pay to fish..they stock them with fish, some tagged etc and give out prizes on a usually hourly and daily and per fish basis.

The people who fish them are referred to as pay lakers...it is a big thing with carp now down south and in the middle of the country...

I am not a big fan of it because to my understanding many of the fish in these over stocked ponds come from wild waters where they are netted and sold to the lakes by anglers. Obviously the lakes are not the greatest for fish care and it is more about pumping fish in and getting them caught rather then the actual sport of fishing.

Anyway I won't digress any more but hopefully you get the idea, if you google pay lakes you'll see a bunch listed for cats and carp and so on...

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:58 am

Ya I googled it after I wrote that and I am not a big fan. It just doesn't seem right

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Just an other point that I didn't read from anyone.
Look at all my posts from Horn Pond, you will see that most of them do give full details about spots, lures, conditions ect..

Even with all these details about a "honey hole". You still gotta get out on the water & catch em'!! That doesn't give you a guaranteed lunker or a full live well. Horn pond tourney my son & I won was like many have said you gotta put in the time & fish it to learn.

You should be more focused on learning techniques & bettering your angling skills. Which many if not all guys on this forum are willing to share.

FISH ON!!

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 pm

I agree with most. Put in the time, learn what works and what doesn't for you, take in whatever information is offered and do what you will with it, but most of all (and this is not directed at anyone, but as the sign says) just shut up and fish!

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm

coming from primarily a saltwater fisherman, i was surprised about some talk about spots on this forum. on the salt spot burning is a huge no no. guys put in years of recon finding their prime stripers spots and usually never talk specifics about spots. just think if you rolled up to your rock at 2 am after driving 45 minutes- 1 hour and there's already 1 or 2 other guys there dragging eels, pulling in 30-40 pound fish.

however with the little time i've been a member here, it seems more like i've learned from applying techniques that were mentioned on this site and applying them to the spots i usually fish. i can't say i've went out of my way to go to a lake that someone posted a big trip on.

anyway, would like to thank all the guys posting on this sight. they've all really got me into freshwater bass fishing maybe more than striper fishing right now. and all the recommendations have put me on bigger/ better fish.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I hardly post trip reports anymore, my spots have been so burned out by bucketeers depleting the fish so much that it is difficult to catch bluegills!

Damn madhatter spot burners Sad

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm

kman

sometimes we are asked by a person who showed us not to share it. Teaching someone how to mine is one thing, showing them where there's gold is a different story.

Yup. You told me not to share it and I'm not going to haha

This is good discussion. Nothing against berkleegrad at all and difference of opinion here. Some good points by everyone and I didn't intend to flame at him at all.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I also belone to another site, people on that site often tell the new members they are giving to much information about their fishing trips. They go as far as to block out all the backgrounds on the posted pictures. The members on this site give information freely and to anyone who ask for it and if you hold on to a special spot thats fine because sooner or late you will tell about another spot that has good fishing. Compared to other sites on the web MAFF kicks ass!

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:13 pm

If I see a report that someone had a great day and they do happen to name the pond, it doesn't make me want to jump in the car and head right over. Conditions change every day along with the bite. I have had great days at places that get pounded and done terrible at isolated, out of the way ponds. It all comes down to being at the right spot, at the right time and throwing the right bait Exclamation

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links