samf

the most important thing about line conditioner to me is that it makes the line more manageable and reduces memory / coiling, especially with fluoro.

I can't remember what this thread is about. I must have gotten some line conditioner on my hands

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 am

stratos1966

samf

the most important thing about line conditioner to me is that it makes the line more manageable and reduces memory / coiling, especially with fluoro.

I can't remember what this thread is about. I must have gotten some line conditioner on my hands

Is that what you lube with?

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 am

My secret is out. Sad

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am

[/quote] I can't remember what this thread is about. I must have gotten some line conditioner on my hands [/quote]

Is that what you lube with?[/quote]

haha, oh my, lets keep this topic on line conditioner!

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 am

samf

I agree, as well as improves castability ( if that's even a word, lol) and improves casting distance almost immediately

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm

sinista

samf

I agree, as well as improves castability ( if that's even a word, lol) and improves casting distance almost immediately

Wait, isn't castability and casting distance one in the same?

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 pm

stratos1966

sinista

samf

Surely you can't be serious?

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 am

Hey John, I thought Reel Magic and WD40 were quite similar! As far as environmental concerns, I doubt that enough of it is being used to contaminate the water. The older gas engines are probably the biggest culprit as far as gas/oil emissions go!

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 am

Excellent point!

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am

shawneramone

stratos1966

sinista

samf

Surely you can't be serious?

I am..... and stop calling me Sherly

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 am

I bought reel magic today

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Stratos is correct....Line conditioner, K.V.D. or Blakemore are nothing more than silicone lubricants. I have been using an automotive silicone spray for about 6 years now, and have tried both others. No difference. Another trick is to spray some into a small jar, and use a small dropper and put it on the worm gear of your baitcaster. You will notice immediatly how much easier it is to wind your reel. Not to mention the water and ice protection.

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:13 pm

bobpuge

Stratos is correct....

If I had a nickle for every time that was said..........

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 pm

stratos1966

bobpuge

Stratos is correct....

If I had a nickle for every time that was said..........

You'd have enough to buy some line conditioner

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:35 am

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/blaster-11-oz-dry-lube-silicone-lubricant-16-sl-thd.html
OOPS NEXT POST.....
http://www.blastergroup.com.au/silicone-lube.html

Last edited by fishforbass on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links