By the way, don't publish a law/rule that can't be enforced.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:17 pm

willy68

By the way, don't publish a law/rule that can't be enforced.

This part I agree with you on. However this goes for the majority of environmental/fishing/hunting laws currently in place, and you can't say we should just not make laws because our EP's are understaffed. The laws have to be on the books for the EP's to do anything, if they ever happen to be in the area something is happening..That said we'd be perfectly able to enforce said rules if our governments spent money on home soil as opposed to the majority of debt building waste they do now..but that is a whole nother topic lol.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:24 pm

I would suggest use lead as inner core and thin non-lead material as outer shell. So, the looms will s*** it out before gets positioned. Fishermen still have the feeling and sensitive level of a lead weight.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:29 pm

That isn't an unreasonable suggestion and one that some companies may be able to look into..tin covered lead etc. A mix of environmental thinking mixed with industrial cost cutting. It is a great example of why these sorts of discussions are not a bad thing to have.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm glad that people like me make you laugh. "people" like you are nothing more than an annoying pissant to me that I brush to the side when you get in my way. You're opinions on this matter mean nothing to me. You may fool other people to think you're educated but I know you're just someone who hits the internet to get some "stats" then go on selfrighteous rants hoping that someone will think about how smart you are. I'm not worried in the slightest about being "manly" seriously. Its just people like you talk a lot of s*** on a computer but are awful shy in person thats all. You also seem to be missing the point that you don't know any of this Loon information for a fact, you just think you do. 1+1=2 fact, we breath air, fact. This stuff about the Loons I ain't buying it.I treat the envirment with all due respect that I possibly can. The house you live in, that was once a place that animals live. Are you gonna rip it down and bring back their habbitat? No of course not because that would be stupid. Where do we draw the line and who made you the guy to say so. Just stick to draggin boilies through the mud and you'll be fine

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Blackestone's the only one making a cogent argument here. Lead was removed from gasoline in the early '70's because of the neurological damage it inflicted on children. Lead was removed from house paint in the late '70s for the same reason. Why anyone would defend lead is beyond me. It's a confirmed neurotoxin with significant and deleterious effects on humans and animals. Animals lower on the food chain that consume lead pass that toxicity onto the the higher animals (known as bioaccumulation). This isn't just about loons, this is about all of us; loons are just the political lever to pass the legislation. I would hope that a parent of a child with lead poisoning would appreciate this and would be happy to pay a couple bucks extra for a lead-free lure.

And Willy68, I respect you man but your "sh***y" place might be somebody else's honey hole. It's extraordinarily selfish of you to take that attitude.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:01 pm

willluvstafish

I'm glad that people like me make you laugh. "people" like you are nothing more than an annoying pissant to me that I brush to the side when you get in my way. You're opinions on this matter mean nothing to me. You may fool other people to think you're educated but I know you're just someone who hits the internet to get some "stats" then go on selfrighteous rants hoping that someone will think about how smart you are. I'm not worried in the slightest about being "manly" seriously. Its just people like you talk a lot of s*** on a computer but are awful shy in person thats all. You also seem to be missing the point that you don't know any of this Loon information for a fact, you just think you do. 1+1=2 fact, we breath air, fact. This stuff about the Loons I ain't buying it.I treat the envirment with all due respect that I possibly can. The house you live in, that was once a place that animals live. Are you gonna rip it down and bring back their habbitat? No of course not because that would be stupid. Where do we draw the line and who made you the guy to say so. Just stick to draggin boilies through the mud and you'll be fine

I am sorry , the adults are trying to have a discussion. If you can't actually add to it why don't you simply not bother posting?

The fact that you immediately fall to insults anytime you come into a thread where people disagree with you, shows just how well educated you are. Which, as you said, matters little considering it is just an online discussion. You are a prime example of the sort of ignorance that damages the image of fishing among the rest of society. Animals rights activists and Environmental activists and anglers should not be against each other, they should be working together. All your idiocy does is foster the notion that we are part of the problem.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 pm

There really isn't an argument here . I mentioned my son only to reference that I understand lead and what it can do. At no point in time are my childeren near my tackle. Like almost all the people that fish and probably most on this website I will continue to use my lead jigs and spinnerbaits. I will slowly phase them out but just because of a law that was passed I'm not throwing out boxes of lured. Lead is involved in the manufacturing of almost ever lure available. Every crankbait, hook, jerkbait spinnerbait, etc all have lead warnings on them. I will guarentee you that you use lead in something. Now what happens when you accidentaly break the line on a fish with the hook still in them? They die. You gonna stop using hooks? To be the most enviormentally safe we should all stop fishing. Well that won't happen

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 pm

willluvstafish

There really isn't an argument here . I mentioned my son only to reference that I understand lead and what it can do. At no point in time are my childeren near my tackle. Like almost all the people that fish and probably most on this website I will continue to use my lead jigs and spinnerbaits. I will slowly phase them out but just because of a law that was passed I'm not throwing out boxes of lured. Lead is involved in the manufacturing of almost ever lure available. Every crankbait, hook, jerkbait spinnerbait, etc all have lead warnings on them. I will guarentee you that you use lead in something. Now what happens when you accidentaly break the line on a fish with the hook still in them? They die. You gonna stop using hooks? To be the most enviormentally safe we should all stop fishing. Well that won't happen

This I agree with. That is why I advocate anglers making a lesser impact. Just because we DO make an impact on the world around us does not mean it has to be as BIG an impact..

While you tend to posture a lot, it is funny because truth be told we prolly agree a lot more then you'd think.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:22 pm

blackstone I'm under the impression that you're not coming to fish with me some night? Thats what I thought. Now enjoy your adult conversation

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 pm

I say we ban all tree huggers,moonbats and crazy liberals from this site ,

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:42 pm

willluvstafish

blackstone I'm under the impression that you're not coming to fish with me some night? Thats what I thought. Now enjoy your adult conversation

I'm not hard to find either..if you feel the need to go to jail over an online discussion be my guest. Personally I dun feel you are worth me having another stint in a cage. Regardless of who can "talk" better ( since your a fan of double meanings lol )..the idea that discussion needs to turn into that kind of contest is silly. As I said before, if you are unable to talk about topics online without having to "prove" yourself, why bother posting online?

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Please don't drive car anymore.  They kill! They kill many kinds of animials and human beings.  They emit harmful gas damaged the entire earth atmosphere . From now on, go to work on your bicycle.

Rolling Eyes

If they find loons sit on some beautiful lakes they can shut the lake down for protection, period.  The fact loons are only exist on very few water way.  The lakes with full of jet skier ain't gonna have loons.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:56 pm

And the Horse lives on.....

Posted Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:25 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links