I was just reading through the rules.

Are you only paying out to first place and lunker?

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:33 pm

That's how it's currently stated although we can elect to change it. I haven't fished a lot of tournaments so I don't know how guys feel about having second and third place payouts. I thought it makes more sense to reward best overall and biggest fish -- gives more incentive to everyone to go for bigger fish.

Do you have a particular concern about this payout scheme?

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Generally it is broken out first to third plus lunker, with a 50 dollar buy-in. If we are only doing 10-25 then i wouldnt object to dropping third and doing first/second/lunker

Something like
1st:60%
2nd:25%
Lunker:15%

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Not a concern per se just curious.

I have never fished a tournament so I have no experience with this. I was relating more towards poker games that I play where the payouts range from just 1st to 1st-3rd depending on the number of entrants.

So for a full field (of 10) I would think of something like this:

1st: 125
2nd: 75
Lunker: 50

or

1st: 100
2nd: 75
3rd: 25
Lunker:50

Just my opinion though, I'd be happy either way. I'm just psyched to fish!

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah something like that would work. I didnt know if it would matter, but there will be 2 participants in the Pound Town boat

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

biggz53

Yeah something like that would work. I didnt know if it would matter, but there will be 2 participants in the Pound Town boat

Sweet, more money for the pot Smile

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks for mentioning that - that means another spot filled.

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Just found out about this website!! I'm in for Saturday if there's a spot left....

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Cool, you're added. Only one spot left!

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 pm

With the boat and topper tourneys, there is more money in the pot ($500+), so it makes more sense to have 1st, 2nd and 3rd payouts. I'm fine with 1st and lunker or even 1st, 2nd and lunker. But I think 1st, 2nd, 3rd and lunker is thinning out the pot too much.

Of course, I'll finish 3rd now and be out of the $............ha ha. Just my 2 cents. Whatever you decide is fine with me.

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Very nice tournament going here guys, have fun. John I'm going to try to make weigh in to say hi. Good luck guys!

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Just wondering which model scale is the most accurate? How expensive are they? Thanks in advance for any help...

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:04 pm

A lot of guys use the $20 Berkeley digital fish scale. I cannot attest to how accurate it is. We will be calibrating all scales against a 2 lb 8 oz weight. That will let us see who is weighing light or heavy. We will then create a handicap for each scale.

So let's say that your scale reads the weight as 2lbs 7 oz. You will be allowed to add 1 oz to your bag of fish for every 2.5 lbs. Conversely, if your scale reads the weight at 2 lbs 9 oz you would subtract 1 oz from your bag of fish for every 2.5 lbs.

This is far from a perfect solution but it's he only practical one I can think of.[/img]

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:18 am

This is my first Tournamant as well. What time should we plan to arrive a Stump? I'm assuming its gonna take some time to calibrate the scales and get everyone all set up...feedback?

Thanks!

-Dirty Hooker

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 am

Arrive by 6, hit the water at 6:30.

Please note that if you arrive late you are welcome to fish with us but you will be excluded from the tournament. The reason for this is that tournament fees must be paid before launching. Since there will be no one left on shore to collect fees after launch anyone arriving late would have an advantage - they could talk to other anglers on the water and learn how they were doing, if they get skunked they would choose to opt out of the tournament, if they caught a nice bag or lunker they would opt in.

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:18 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links