YES
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
NO
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

ejoy

Oh man, people really call EPs when stuff like that happens? What is the official "time?" I've been on Long Pond a bunch of times super early with no issues, but I was only with a single boat during those times, not 15.

There is no "official time" for people just going out fishing unless otherwise noted at the ramp on a sign. When you apply for a permit you must put down a start and finish time and and follow it. Some lakes have special rules in place for tournaments. Mashpee Wakeby for example does not allow you to start till 7am no matter what. Every single time an event is scheduled there, the harbor master will show up at 6:55 to make sure you have not blasted off yet. break the rule and no permit for your organization next year.
Let me add that you also must put down a maximum number of boats for example 15. Whatever the number is, you cannot exceed that. Most ramps limit the number of boats you can have. There are also rules in place by the states and towns that only allow a certain % of parking spots can be used by a tournament on a given day. Its usually around 40%

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:28 am

sinista

fishingreek

no

Click NO on the poll up top to vote greek!

got it

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Bump

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:25 pm

7:00 to 3:00 knocks me out of some tournaments this year.
and i can understand 6:00 is to early for people driving from far away. i'm down with going back to 7:00 to 2:00

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 am

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POLL POSTING BEGINING WITH THE HORN POND EVENT ON 5/26 WE WILL RESUME THE 7-2PM SCHEDULE FOR THE CARTOPPER EVENTS ONLY

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links