Do you guys ever do Maff Ice Fishing Tourneys? when we get some ice we should get some going.

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Ice Flipping Contest!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't think an ice tournament is a bad idea...it would take some planning like anything, with the most important factor being the safety of the anglers on adequate ice.

I got into ice fishing about 4 years ago and have to admit, despite the cold temps, and physical effort for plugging holes in the ice and running after flags its one of the most enjoyable and relaxing forms of fishing i've experienced. It's certainly skill to land the fish but it's more or less luck to target the bass and have them hit your "live bait". For those reasons, I prefer to fish on the ice for fun and chill with anyone that wants to participate. However, if there was a tourney on a foreign body of water, I may participate for the experience.

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm feeling like I may flip an ice hole

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 pm

yes an ice tournie needs to happen.
i agree. ice fishing is very relaxing.
my 1st time. my dad knew some guys on the other side of the pond. so after a couple of hours of not catching fish. we went over to say hi.
they had a wood stove. so we cooked hot dogs and deer. my dad drank a couple of beers and we caught fish.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am

I'm in...this has been an ongoing topic for the past few seasons...don't think anything ever really got kicked off because of the crappy ice season last year. This year seems to be shaping up for a colder one.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:15 am

If willing to travel I'll set one up.
My parents house- cranberry meadow, Spencer (mostly bass, perch,pickeral)
Bartons Cove,ct river (bass,pike,perch) never been yet.
Quaboag,mostly nothing, lol but pike,perch,bass,hornpout.
Majority votes

I'd like to try Webster too?

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:20 am

Count Muskie and the Boys in!!!! We travel and Jwall isn't but a Flippin Pig away hahahahaha We're not scared..

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Jay i dont mind traveling at all ill help you set it up if you want once the ice gets here.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Barton's Cove has been on my hit list for awhile, just haven't made it out there. I don't mind a drive, so let's get a few names/locations together.

Jay - are you making ice fishing jigs at all?

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:36 am

I'll second Bartons Cove.
I've fished it when the water is soft with not much luck but I'd like to give it a try this winter. Just one of those spots that we would drive on our way to the Oxbow and say we have to hit some day.

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 am

Ya im down for what ever we should do A couple in diff areas i dont mind traveling

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 am

Just thinking Chauncey or A1 could be an option.

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 pm

volume4130

Barton's Cove has been on my hit list for awhile, just haven't made it out there. I don't mind a drive, so let's get a few names/locations together.

Jay - are you making ice fishing jigs at all?

HI Ted,
I wanted to make ice jigs but i don't have the time for it and im not really sure what I'd make?
When it comes to ice jigging i don't know alot about it.

But Barton's has been on my list too. If we get ice maybe we can hit there.

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 am

webster lake is a great place for an ice tourny

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links