The less ice the better.I like to be on the water in my boat fishing.Ice is for skating and hockey,not fishing,and keeping the beer cold.I don't play hockey anymore so let winter be gone.I still might skate around a little but it's not like being in the boat fishing.Catching fish on a rod and reel is so much better than waiting for a flag.I'd much rather work a rod than work an auger to make holes and wait and wait and wait and wait.Maybe you'll get a flag,maybe not,lol.If I lived in Minnesota I may feel different but I don't.Ice out all year baby.

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Did I mention I agree?

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:54 pm

pocketfisherman

Did I mention I agree?

I agree also!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 pm

Hahahaha....maybe anti ice is an age thing, no offense gentlemen! But I have to admit in approximately 20 ice outings over the last 3 years...I've pulled in 4 bass over 5lbs and seen 3 others landed. There have obviously been a fair share of 3's and 4's in the mix. In my books, that's well worth the effort and "waiting around." There have been days I've had to dress in 2 light layers from running after so many flags, including a 4 hour solo session that produced over 25 bass, with probably 10 other misses- do the math boys and enjoy the comfort of your 70 degree home...more lakes for me and the icers!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Jeff,
The whole process actually sounds fun, but there is that little thing called "COLD"! I absolutely hate being cold. So much so that I've honestly been trying to convince my wife to move south for a long, long time!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 pm

wusses, dress warm and Ice fishing is a blast. Save a trap for me Jeff.

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

You got it Karl...I'll save at least 3 for you!! Roger, I'm going to save you a couple as well. Layer up, wear waterproof boots and make sure you bring a coulple pairs of gloves and you're money! Like I said earlier...some days on the ice your sweating from catching so many fish!

Posted Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 pm

id rather be cold then hot and sweaty.
you can put more layers on. plus im warm blooded so i dont get cold.
back in high school. i used to keep 1 rod, a spud and some jigs in my car. i would hit a pond. id pick up the dead shiners left by the other guys and slam the fish.
id catch anything and everything. crappies, perch, trout, pickerel, bass and sunnies. id fish for 2 hours and catch a ton

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am

angler21

You got it Karl...I'll save at least 3 for you!! Roger, I'm going to save you a couple as well. Layer up, wear waterproof boots and make sure you bring a coulple pairs of gloves and you're money! Like I said earlier...some days on the ice your sweating from catching so many fish!

I don't know, maybe?

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:21 am

Yeah I am getting old and the cold weather doesn't agree with me well.It has to be a pretty warm day for me to hang on the ice for three or four hours.Good luck to you if we do get ice this season.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:39 am

Kman, I got an extra set for ya too! I'd be pumped if we were ice fishing by Christmas. It's nice to not deal with the fairweather's in the winter, haha.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:33 am

I'm w/y'all about not being fond of the winter. I still fish the winter but only on open water. I'm w/whoever wrote they like to fish from the boat. Also, my crankbaits never seem to get down to the fish when there's ice!

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links