Nice Exclamation Did you take the yak out Question

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 am

No but if I did. I would of caught a lot more.

The shoreline only accessible by boat with flossed brush. And trees.
Is where I caught this pig.
There was a lot of bass way up in there.

I had another big fish hit on a black red jig with chigger craw. Missed it but it was way up in the brush!

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 am

It definitely looks bigger than 5. Nice catch!

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 am

Nice fish!

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 am

Hard to tell but if you look at the one close up pic it looks like your fist is bigger than the mouth of the fish indicating a fish less than 5 lbs. Usually a fish 5+ you can get your fist in their mouth as stupid as it sounds its a pretty good indicator if a fish is over five of course it still doesn't give you the weight of the fish. Nice fish either way.......

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 am

My guess is::::::

Nice fish!!!

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 am

I wouldn't use the formulas. They genrally don't hold true in NE. The formulas usually end putting you over by a pound or two. A $10 dollar spring scale will get you within a half pound of what it should be.

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:14 am

You're all a bunch of size queens!

Just look at his boot. I have a size 10 foot and my shoe measures 12 inches in length. That fish is more than twice the length of his boot. That puts it at around 25" and in the neighborhood of 8-9 pounds based on several of the online conversion charts.

That is, unless he is lying about his shoe size Wink

Oh, and I realize that this is only going to fan the flames of controversy because that's what always happens in these discussions Rolling Eyes Cool

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:20 am

I hate these kinds of conversations because most people can't guess the weight when they see the fish in person. It's a big fish, there's no doubt about it. But all the pics are deceiving. The pic of the fish next to his boot that you are referring to. His boot is a couple of inches below the fish in the snow.

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:25 am

berkleegrad

You're all a bunch of size queens!

Just look at his boot. I have a size 10 foot and my shoe measures 12 inches in length. That fish is more than twice the length of his boot. That puts it at around 25" and in the neighborhood of 8-9 pounds based on several of the online conversion charts.

That is, unless he is lying about his shoe size Wink

Oh, and I realize that this is only going to fan the flames of controversy because that's what always happens in these discussions Rolling Eyes Cool

Yup its tough, I could post pics of tons of 3's that look 6+ Then another dozen big girls that look puny to what they actually were.

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:35 am

shawneramone

I hate these kinds of conversations because most people can't guess the weight when they see the fish in person. It's a big fish, there's no doubt about it. But all the pics are deceiving. The pic of the fish next to his boot that you are referring to. His boot is a couple of inches below the fish in the snow.

So I think I'm going to start an argument about the relative proportional distortion of perspective in photographs when the subject is shot from a height of 4.5 feet on a white background using a crappy cell phone camera...

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 am

Shocked

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 am

berkleegrad

shawneramone

So I think I'm going to start an argument about the relative proportional distortion of perspective in photographs when the subject is shot from a height of 4.5 feet on a white background using a crappy cell phone camera...

The key is to just use a working scale if you want to know the weight and all unweighed fish are referred to as pigs, beasts, fatty, lunker, biggun or any other name that we call them. That's all I'm saying. The only way to know is to weigh it. Everything else is just a guess and like Josh said some fish just look bigger or smaller than they really are.

And I'd save that argument for the Mass Photography site

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 am

Not tryin to start a fire here. But it's diff a 5lbers. I've caught plenty 4lbsers and this was a lot bigger

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 am

I don't feel like you are. I'm not trying to be argumentative over how much the fish actually weighs but more that we'll never know a fishes actual weight without an accurate scale. I'm one of those people that's always way off when I look at a fish and say that's a ____. So I weigh everything that looks bigger than a 4

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links