I am looking for a good book about freshwater fishing where I could learn about fishes species/habitats and fishing techniques. What would you recommend?

Posted Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Cheapest and best way is.... YOUTUBE!!! I learned everything from YouTube bro

Posted Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Haha I am on youtube right now, lots of things to learn! But I am looking for something I can use when there is no internet or on camping trips and have a nice book to sit back and relax while learning fishing.

Posted Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:41 pm

im not sure about actual books. what id recommend you to do is make a selection of videos on youtube and make notes and keep them in your car. for instance, patterns for summer, fall, winter, pre spawn, spawn and post spawn, what kind and color of lures to use, the usual depth they are in. i personally dont make notes because i tend to memorize all of it BUT i do save all the links for the videos.

Posted Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Go to your public library. I am confident that they have the types of books you are looking for....some of them maybe older but useful nonetheless.

And the best part is these books are free to borrow.

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 am

thorn168

Go to your public library. I am confident that they have the types of books you are looking for....some of them maybe older but useful nonetheless.

And the best part is these books are free to borrow.

I think this is great advice!

I borrowed "Fishing for Dummies" from my local library and found it helpful.
http://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Dummies-Peter-Kaminsky/dp/0470930683/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405346945&sr=8-1&keywords=fishing+for+dummies

I just got "The Total Fishing Manual" by Field and Stream. It has lots of useful info on techniques and has great pictures on every page.
http://www.amazon.com/Total-Fishing-Manual-Field-Stream/dp/1616284870/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405346905&sr=8-1&keywords=the+total+fishing+manual

Good Luck!

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 am

Subscribe to INFISHERMAN magazine. IMO the BEST fishing magazine out there. They break down fishing to a science and explain why what they are doing works. They just dont write about bass. Every issue breaks down 3-4 different species and over a year you will get seasonal patterns on them all and they even break down the differences between natural lakes, reserviors and rivers.

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:35 am

thanks for the tips guys, I will try to find this stuff

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links