Hey guys, I need some help, I have a few ponds I found last year that I can only fish by shore so looking to buy some fishing waders this spring and have no idea what to look for. Do I get just boots or a full once piece ? $ is tight I'll say $100 + to spend? Any info appreciated.

Thx in advance!

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:11 pm

I have always worn neoprene waders. I use them mostly in the spring and fall when the water is cold. I have a pair of Red Head from BPS with the lug sole boot. They sell for around $100.

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:24 pm

OK I have 44 friends on my account and only 1 replied to my post Evil or Very Mad Don your now my #1 friend, the rest of you suc and are on my defriended list hahaha !

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Go with these. http://m.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Classic-StockingFoot-Waders-for-Men/product/15011707521619/

And a pair of wading boots. http://m.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Rubber-Sole-Wading-Boots-for-Men-Khaki/product/14020609115020/

Had boot waders and they suck. Upgraded last year for the salmon river and having the separate boots feels so much better. Cheepest set up as I'm a cheap person and have yet to have a problem with them after about 40 times using this set up

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks James. My friend said the same thing. When I showed him what I wanted he said the waders with socks is the way to go. The waders with boots were usually sloppy and uncomfortable. This is what I'm looking at now. I'm married with children so I have to be cheap.

http://m.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Classic-WaistHigh-StockingFoot-Breathable-Wading-Pants-for-Men/product/11100605012318/

Thax again
my new pal from Worcester Very Happy

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Did I get bumped already? Laughing

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:55 pm

For the same price I still recommend the chest highs gives you the extra depth and you would probably after buying waist highs would probably be like damn should have went chest highs. Better to have the option to be able to go deeper rather then making that extras tel and ending up going over your waist. Plus the chest have the nice little pocket for phone lures and what not

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:02 pm

don51

Did I get bumped already? Laughing

. Lol I appreciate your input

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 pm

eastciderida

For the same price I still recommend the chest highs gives you the extra depth and you would probably after buying waist highs would probably be like damn should have went chest highs. Better to have the option to be able to go deeper rather then making that extras tel and ending up going over your waist. Plus the chest have the nice little pocket for phone lures and what not

. You're making a lot of sense James I think I will check them out next week and let you guys know thanks

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Gents...for a real adjustable cost effective "Chest Wader" setup...I bought myself and son a pair of Browning Chest High "Boot" waders at Ocean State Job Lot for around $20 each.
Got the $5 suspenders there as well for complete setup. They work great.
They are decent product...insulated and rugged sole etc.
I wear thermals/wool socks during cold/ice out water....and just socks during during warm season.
Hope this helps any MAFFer's looking to enjoy the wader experience.
Mike

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Neoprenes are great in early spring and fall, but when you wear them in summer, be prepared to be dehydrated quickly

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:33 pm

it sounds like a good number of people use waders fishing for trout & salmon. how many people use them targeting bass? i've thought about getting them but i'm still on the fence.

Posted Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Prefer seperate wader and boot. Its better that way and long run.

Im usually fishing wader for bass on anywhere if i cant bring canoe or yak.

On trout/salmon, i never really need wader for it. Unless im going to new york, im definitely need wader for sure.

Posted Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 am

i prefer regular rubber one piece!

Posted Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links