hi guys...saw the last tourny at monponsett went well, so i figured id give it another shot. i havent had much luck here... but anyways... anybody have any input to which side, east, or west, to fish, and also, what baits work well here??

Posted Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:48 pm

chowda66

hi guys...saw the last tourny at monponsett went well, so i figured id give it another shot. i havent had much luck here... but anyways... anybody have any input to which side, east, or west, to fish, and also, what baits work well here??

My club did a tournament on the west lake earlier in the year. I did terrible, but others did well with cranks, chatterbaits, and jerkbaits. It might fish differently now, though. Winning weight was 14.25lbs, lunker was nearly 6lbs, so there are fish on that side for sure.

I know there are some boulders in the middle, out between the two points beyond the restaurant. There was always someone on them that day so I never got to fish them and can't point you to the exact spot, but I think that's where they are.

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:34 am

2 weeks ago my hubby caught a 5lber on the east side and a 4lb on the west.. on top water zoom frogs in the lily pads.

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:23 pm

I was out on both sides this morn. for a couple of hrs before the wind drove me off! Nothing! Couple of taps on the worm and that was it. I can usually get at least a couple of bass but this was pretty awful! It's a tough place!

Posted Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links