My family and i are on our way to Maine for 9 days. I will be camping on Long lake at lakeside pines. Hopefully i can post a couple decent fish pics.
I'd like to play around with fishing deeper water. I never take the time to do that. If anybody has any advice that would be appreciated.

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 am

You can do 2 things in deep water, fish structure or fish bait balls. Fishing structure is easier. Just find some humps ( unmarked are best), deep flats15-20" and points and throw a carolina rig or drop shot. Look for cabbage and/or sandgrass. Cabbage will be in water 15' or under. The sandgrass can grow in up to 30'. If you are getting weeds in 20+' of water , thats sandgrass.
For fishing bait balls you need to idle around on structure until you see bait WITH bigger fish around it, then get right over it with the TM and drop a dropshot down into them. Use baby brush hogs on the Carolina rigs and small 4-6" straight tail worms on the drop shot.

Good luck and have a great vacation

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am

when i go camping i always go for trout - nothing better than a nice trout with lemon fresh outta the lake - rest of the people withu will love u for that

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks guys. I like the info. This will give me a little time to play with my new electronics also. I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at yet.
Thanks as always

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Have a great vacation and may the fishing gods be favorable to you Very Happy

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:09 am

Long lake is not to far from Woods pond in Bridgton Me. Rt117 Denny and I had are best luck there smaller pond but good fish, if you hit this pond go to far end of lake, fish docks and the pads, had a few nice 2-3 pounders. Black and blue jig, black and blue flake worm, found them at 7ft. Good luck! PS dont forget to get you $20 sticker for your boat, wash it EVERYTIME you hit a new pond those guys up there are crazy about it.

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links