ty - did u deep troll or just surface ?

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 pm

I was trolling. I used a small copper/gold spoon. Another guy said he caught one, on what looked to be a large (4-5"), white minnow (Rapala-like) lure.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:55 pm

I put some Anise, and Garlic on a rubber worm.....Being Italian....I ate it myselfe.....Yummmmmm

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Funny you say that about the worm-my salmon spit up a yellow/whitish rubber worm that was about 7" long but was 1/2" thick. Never saw a FW plastic worm that thick (I am not a FW bass fisherman).

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Here's half of it:

Last edited by nautibuoys on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm

bobpuge

I put some Anise, and Garlic on a rubber worm.....Being Italian....I ate it myselfe.....Yummmmmm

ahahahaha

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 am

I`ve had great success with scents.I fish for smallmouth & feel it gives me an advantage by adding an extra way to get their attention.IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.But with that being said you will catch fish either way.I use PRO CURE ,It`s the best around.It`s a thick & gel based ,made from pure bait.The crawfish & garlic ones are all you need for bass fishing.I also picked up some Super Glo ( glow in the dark stuff by Mike`s) for like 2 bucks & has lasted me years & still have plenty.Ts also gel like & stays on alot longer than most of the modern ones with spray applications .It smells like onions & peppers ,yes onions & peppers ,but let me tell you it`s killer on pickerel,if you go that way ,damn line breakers

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 am

Caught 6 rainbows this AM: 5 on the scented lure and 1 on the non-scented lure. I tried to mix up the rods on either side of boat. In 2 trips so far, the scented lure is winning but I will keep a tally all Spring.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm

nautibuoys

Caught 6 rainbows this AM: 5 on the scented lure and 1 on the non-scented lure. I tried to mix up the rods on either side of boat. In 2 trips so far, the scented lure is winning but I will keep a tally all Spring.

Nice, love real data!

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 pm

What scent were u using? I fish a lot of plastics for bass and was thinking of picking up a scent what is recommended for bass?

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm using Berkley Trout Dip in Garlic and Corn scents (so far, Garlic better of the 2).

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Today it didn't seem to make a difference whether scent or not was used. Went with a buddy and we caught 8 freshly stocked rainbows (4 and 4). 4 were no scent and 4 were...

So far this season, the scented lures have a slight edge...

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I have not had luck with scents for bass and honestly any other - I've only tried one scent product so and was quickly off the idea after several failed attempts. But after reading Rich's post ...I'd like to retest the approach. I'll try different brand.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:35 am

Just thinking (yes, I know that's dangerous)...So why can you always catch sunnies on live worms or doughballs but not on artificials?

It occurred to me that an easy test would be to find a school of sunnies or other baitfish and drop two of the same lure (say a rubber worm) in front of them, one soaked in scent, the other not, and observe their reaction. Presumably the scent soaked bait should trigger a more voracious feeding reaction. At least this would tell you if it makes a difference.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:49 am

Another morning where scent didn't matter: caught 4 trout but it was tied (2 caught with scent; 2 with no scent).

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links