bassturds

enogueira

guys, just remember that LEAD jigs is a NO go in MA and NH waters. Tungsten is more expensive but it has its benefits.

as far as my pre spawn techniques go, it really depend on the body of water. if the place you are going to has rocks and stuff, a jig would work, but if you go to a place that has only muck and weeds, then a jig would NOT work.

this is my second pre sprawn and it is a complicated time of the year, you can get discouraged FAST, but you just need to keep trying and become a better fisherman. I, too tend to become discourage this time of the year, but i am decided to better myself and my cold water techniques.

where you from?

you can fish jigs this time of year due to no weeds! i do it alot in places that are loaded with weeds in the summer!

that would depend on the place... i went to a place this week where the bottom was muck covered in moss so using a jig was a pain in the ass.

Posted Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Don't fish spawn, grabbing fish off beds is about as nasty as one can get. Hate seeing folks spying beds and irritating fish to bite. No concept of future fishing.

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:52 pm

enogueira

guys, just remember that LEAD jigs is a NO go in MA and NH waters. Tungsten is more expensive but it has its benefits.

as far as my pre spawn techniques go, it really depend on the body of water. if the place you are going to has rocks and stuff, a jig would work, but if you go to a place that has only muck and weeds, then a jig would NOT work.

this is my second pre sprawn and it is a complicated time of the year, you can get discouraged FAST, but you just need to keep trying and become a better fisherman. I, too tend to become discourage this time of the year, but i am decided to better myself and my cold water techniques.

where you from?

I grew up in Marshfield but moved to Halifax in summer 2014. I live near a bunch of lakes for fishing so I just recently started freshwater fishing last year.

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:55 pm

enogueira

bassturds

enogueira

where you from?

you can fish jigs this time of year due to no weeds! i do it alot in places that are loaded with weeds in the summer!

that would depend on the place... i went to a place this week where the bottom was muck covered in moss so using a jig was a pain in the ass.

the trick is to use a light jig! i fished ponds heavily weeded as well. the light jigs dont sink into the weeds. but in the summer time when weeds are thick you need to use a heavy jig to go through em to get to the bass!

so right now light jigs. finesse jigs! i caught 5 good bass on a 1/4 ounce finesse jig on saturday

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:08 am

What time of day did you get the topwater hits?

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:44 am

at one at 5ish. the other at dusk!

i caught the only bass at this spot on a topwater at dusk yesterday to!

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 am

grayrider16

Don't fish spawn, grabbing fish off beds is about as nasty as one can get. Hate seeing folks spying beds and irritating fish to bite. No concept of future fishing.

+1

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:15 pm

rangerdanger

grayrider16

wawawa, love fishing beds ,probably my favorite time of year. If the fish is released immediately after it's caught theirs no negative effect. Plenty of lakes have been fished hard on beds for 30 years with no change in fish population , even the tournament lakes .

+1000

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links