0%  [ 0 ]
soft plastic
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
jigs
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

soft plastics for me but not senkos. didn't even bring them last weekend.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:13 pm

i have fished with every kind of lure out there, i have won and lost tournaments with almost every type of lure out there (except swimbaits)( the really big ones)! the problem with most lures is that they are season specific, the keys to my favorite lure is: 1. do i want to have fun, 2. am i fishing to win a tourny? for me there is nothing like a 3 lb. smallie crushing my chartreuse spinnerbait at winni in september, but i refuse to throw it in a tournament, i love the thrill of the topwater strike, but would not use it much after sun up. i had to find over the years a confidence lure, something that i new that the fish would bite consistently,(if they where biting at all). i found that lure several times over the years. i remember about 15 years ago ordering a gross of culprit worms from a dealer. yes thats a 144 packages, i was that confident about that worm, i have only thrown that worm once in the last 10 years. (worms for sale) you can throw any lure you want, and it will catch you fish, the piont is lures come and go, this is why i can not pick a favorite (they change so much) all i do now is try the latest and greatest and sometimes it works for me. sorry for the rambling...scott.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I love Senko's... How could you not??? I start off with Senko's and see how they get hit. If the bass are nailing it as soon as it hits the water, then a top water may work as well, Hitting on the fall maybe a crankbait or spinnerbait will also work, hitting it on the bottom, maybe a jig. The truth is Senko's catch fish.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links