Wow nice fish but I didn't know that you fish with hulk hoagan lol

Posted Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

5 mins into the day on my first jig flip a 6+ came out of the brush and ate the jig 4 feet from the boat, I watched the whole thing go down , either she didn't see me staring down at her or she didn't care, she ate it I set the hook and the line snapped on the hookset, Tamburello and Ferrenti were 50 feet away they watched it all. Needless to say that floro is coming off, thats two weeks in a row the same thing has happened, long story short that was a 880$ fish well 884$ if you count the jig she took

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 am

Brutal day out there Neil. Not a Floro fan my self. sorry .

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 am

Neil I'm surprised you didn't change that line. Oh ya, you might wanna check out all your guides. Maybe something is nicking up your line. That happened to me recently as one of the guide inserts was broken

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

kmsnowman

Brutal day out there Neil. Not a Floro fan my self. sorry .

How about co-polymer?

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 am

sorry to hear that neil. what type of knot are you using? are you wetting the line and re-tying often? i had that happen to me one (fun fishing). never had it happen again after taking precaution and looking up different knots and how they perform with fluoro.

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 am

sinista

5 mins into the day on my first jig flip a 6+ came out of the brush and ate the jig 4 feet from the boat, I watched the whole thing go down , either she didn't see me staring down at her or she didn't care, she ate it I set the hook and the line snapped on the hookset, Tamburello and Ferrenti were 50 feet away they watched it all. Needless to say that floro is coming off, thats two weeks in a row the same thing has happened, long story short that was a 880$ fish well 884$ if you count the jig she took

Ouch that bites.

The floro thing takes time and unfortunately break offs.
I have had the breakoffs using the Palomar knot. Now I use the I think it is called smash knot. Knock on wood no issues and I let them have it when I set the hook lol. I have read and been told if you use the Palomar knot make sure the lines rest a top of one another to avoid the twist and digging in that can happen other wise. Any floro knot needs lots and lots of lubrication before cinching it up.

Give it another try and build some confidence by maybe using it in none tourney setting imo.

Keep up the great work on/for MAFF

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am

creasekeeper

sinista

Ouch that bites.

I have had the breakoffs using the Palomar knot. Now I use the I think it is called smash knot. Knock on wood no issues and I let them have it when I set the hook lol. I have read and been told if you use the Palomar knot make sure the lines rest a top of one another to avoid the twist and digging in that can happen other wise. Any floro knot needs lots and lots of lubrication before cinching it up.

Give it another try and build some confidence by maybe using it in none tourney setting imo.

Good stuff there

I use co-polymer. I have no issues (yet) . Any pending issues with this stuff?

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 pm

This past tourney Juggernoob lost his crankbait on a cast when his flouro snapped.

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm

This past tourney Juggernoob lost his crankbait on a cast when his flouro snapped.

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm

jwall046

creasekeeper

sinista

Ouch that bites.

Good stuff there

I use co-polymer. I have no issues (yet) . Any pending issues with this stuff?

For me none I like Sensation on my shallow cranks. I tried it on a top water but NG as it sinks a bit and caused issues with lure performance.

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links