My fishing partner an I are upgrading fish finder into something with DI. I've read al the tutorials and sample videos but still looks somewhat unclear to me.

Before we get full fledge into tournament season I'd like to see if anyone with some serious electronics knowledge would be willing to go out and give a lesson on reading them. Beers or whatever you are drinking are on me!

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 am

The best way to learn how to use your electronics is to get out on the water with them. Down Imaging is actually the best teacher you can have out there. Split the screen so it is 2d sonar and DI. Then go around and try to find something on the DI, then compare it to the 2d sonar. Most lowrance units are setup pretty well out of the box but some tweaking will be needed to clean up the 2d. If you want to make the trip out to worcester I can give you an on the water tutorial. We can go out on quinsig and scan the 1950's buick by the rte 9 bridge.

Valpey, at the end last year I found 3 sunken boats on boone.

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 am

I'll take you out there sometime. We'll video game them. Lots of places in our area. Sounds simple, but make sure you read the manual completely to know what settings change what.

Last edited by samf on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 am

sunken boats on Boone? I sense a 10 pounder

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks for the offer fellas. Certainly will be in touch. Wouldn't mind heading to Worcester at all bang bang

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links