I would end up like most of you guys. Terminal tackle, few select plastics that I can't make myself, and probably some oil. BPS reel prices are not that good compared to shopping online, and their rod selection is lacking (for my tastes anyways).

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 am

you said rod

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

shawneramone

you said rod

Actually he said his rod was lacking

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

stratos1966

shawneramone

you said rod

Actually he said his rod was lacking

I didn't make it past rod

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 am

I was at BPS afew days ago and was told of the upcoming "Reel Trade In" Feb 22nd.. Bring in any reel and receive $50.00 off on any new reel. I am bringing in the kid reel I got my son when he was 4 yrs old...the guy said that would work...
The Sustain 4000 is on my hit list for 02-22-13

So go to garage sales and find a .25 cent kids reel and get $50 trade in value for it!!

PJ
bti111

a Sustain 4000 and a St Croix Tidemaster. Very Happy

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 am

I think the guy got it wrong. I traded reels in last year. They have to work to be accepted. Then they give you a coupon. There are different levels of savings. I bought a Pro Qualifier that was on sale for 79.99 and I got $15 off

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 pm

shawneramone

I think the guy got it wrong. I traded reels in last year. They have to work to be accepted. Then they give you a coupon. There are different levels of savings. I bought a Pro Qualifier that was on sale for 79.99 and I got $15 off

. I agree with Shawn. they arn't going to take your kids reel and hand you a brand new Shimano sedona for $10....

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

. I agree with Shawn. they arn't going to take your kids reel and hand you a brand new Shimano sedona for $10....

Also, I believe Shimano is excluded

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:27 pm

when buying shimano: ebay

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 pm

samf

when buying shimano: ebay

+1

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks for the heads up...I will take the kid's zebco it works...interesting about the cupon value..regardless I am picking up the Sustain SA 4000 as my main reel and use the 2500 FJ (white one) as a back up.

I have also been looking at the St. Croix Legend Elete Rods as a main rod as I have 2x St. Croix Triumph's currently....looking at the 2 piece 6' 10" spinning...compaired it to the Powell Endurance but have not run across any user reviews..any of you guys ever use the Powell Endurance Series-Vs- St. Croix Rod?

stratos1966

shawneramone

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Bass pro also does a rod trade in. They'll do the reels on one weekend and the rods on another

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:11 pm

i have used a few powell endurance baitcast rods. they're very good. light, powerful, pretty sensitive, excellent warranty. probably the best rod you can buy for the price (on sale). they're about 1/4 power more than they're rated so a heavy is really like 1/4 more than heavy etc.

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Smith and wesson m&p 9mm Fishing wise probly a carrot stick and a curado

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 am

I have too much fishing gear already, but since it's a BPS gift cert I would probably use it toward a really nice fly rod, weight to be determined.

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links