63%  [ 14 ]
6'6" Spinnerbait
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
7' Top Water Spin
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

I think they had agreed on the Mashpee tourney i could be wrong but i thought i had read that.

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:29 am

it's up to AJ as to when it's ready and what he thinks, he's donating it so i'm good with what he wants to do.
I would say Lunker makes sense.

again up to him!

and thank you again man, very nice of you

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 am

johnnybag-a-bass

it's up to AJ as to when it's ready and what he thinks, he's donating it so i'm good with what he wants to do.
I would say Lunker makes sense.

again up to him!

and thank you again man, very nice of you

Just text you!

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 am

Lunker does make sense, one other option is all who sign up for the tourney put their name in a hat... AJ should decide what he thinks is best...

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 am

My friend Mike from MOREFISH asked me to post his suggestion. He volunteers to take our heroic paralyzed veterans who served our country proudly fishing through the New England Paralyzed Veterans of America (N.E.P.V.A.)
They have bass tournaments all over New England and as we all know travel and lodging adds up.
Mike's idea was to have a donation of $5 a head and have a raffle off AJ's rod...
If anyone would like to volunteer there time and boat I'm sure they would be happy to have you. The next tourny is at Lake Winnipesaukee in September.
All of us have an opportunity to give back to our nations veterans.

Last edited by johnyak on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:41 am

Its funny you brought that up, a MAFF tournament for the vets was on my agenda this year, that might be the one event I host next year. Stay tuned. And great idea as well I'll have to get in touch with him.

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks Johnny, I would be happy to help out and Mike I'm sure would also. He's been fishing with N.E.P.V.A. for a couple of years and has all the contacts...

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:03 am

I just got an email from tackle warehouse about some new rods they had and it was a pic of a white split handle and I thought of this thread. Just out of curiosity, how much would you sell this rod that you are making for? The idea of having a rod made for me is pretty cool and something I never thought of

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:50 pm

shawneramone

I just got an email from tackle warehouse about some new rods they had and it was a pic of a white split handle and I thought of this thread. Just out of curiosity, how much would you sell this rod that you are making for? The idea of having a rod made for me is pretty cool and something I never thought of

Within the next 2-3 years I will probably be up and running as a custom rod making business but since I don't buy wholesale it's tough to put a value on my rods currently. I do have a few customers but I generally make them order their own parts and I put the rod together for about $50-$75 labor.

The rod I'm donating I would sell for $175-$200 at retail prices. If I'm building a rod for a specific person, I would get all the information I can to make sure the rod is truly custom...reel being used, length of grips, customer picking all their own parts and colors. A good rod builder should have knowledge of the latest technology before the big name factory rods do. There is something different about fishing with rods made specifically for you.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 pm

AJ mentioned $150. Was it cost or retail, I'm not sure. Labor I would think would be more than that price.

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm

johnyak

AJ mentioned $150. Was it cost or retail, I'm not sure. Labor I would think would be more than that price.

Thanks. I probably should have just re-read the thread

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:18 pm

shawneramone

He said rod

ya he did ! lol, AJ , that would be awesome! we hope you come down and shoot the breeze a bit, c u there!

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Ok the rod is done but have to drop it off in the morning now the day of tourney. I know it will be hectic getting boats on the water but I should be down there at 6:30am the latest. If that's too late just let me know.

Quick explanation: My 11 year old nephew's birthday party was changed to this Saturday at 1PM due to his All-Star baseball team advancing in a tourney last weekend.. We all know kids parties are really meant for the adults.

If showing up later is preferred and just having a boater meet me at the ramp at say 10-11am just let me know. I figure this is kinda sacrilegious but just an option if I may hold up the start of the tourney.

Also, I want you guys to determine how this is won. I just want someone who will appreciate a new rod and enjoy it for years to come and remember me for their rod repair and custom rod needs when I do become a business.

Unfortunately because I am not a business, I will offer no warranty on the rod. If it happens to break in the future and MHX is willing to warranty the blank I will rebuild it for a small fee + parts needed...$60-$70 estimated.

Aaron

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:03 pm

ajscustomrods

Ok the rod is done but have to drop it off in the morning now the day of tourney. I know it will be hectic getting boats on the water but I should be down there at 6:30am the latest. If that's too late just let me know.

Quick explanation: My 11 year old nephew's birthday party was changed to this Saturday at 1PM due to his All-Star baseball team advancing in a tourney last weekend.. We all know kids parties are really meant for the adults.

If showing up later is preferred and just having a boater meet me at the ramp at say 10-11am just let me know. I figure this is kinda sacrilegious but just an option if I may hold up the start of the tourney.

Also, I want you guys to determine how this is won. I just want someone who will appreciate a new rod and enjoy it for years to come and remember me for their rod repair and custom rod needs when I do become a business.

Unfortunately because I am not a business, I will offer no warranty on the rod. If it happens to break in the future and MHX is willing to warranty the blank I will rebuild it for a small fee + parts needed...$60-$70 estimated.

Aaron

who ever boats the biggest bass that day will win the rod. If you arrive at 6:30 thats fine, Ill be there by 6 if you wish to come earlier, the rod will get locked up in my truck until the weigh in

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:07 am

Lunker is the way to go!! Hope that rod comes home with me.

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links