shawneramone

That is a top notch custom job right there. Even though I like to bust Johnny's chops about the Cowboys that is undeniably the coolest reel I've ever seen

Now, finally, after all my years on this planet, I finally feel like I have accomplished something due to your validation! LMAO

Just kidding, honestly thank you very much Shawn I really appreciate that bud!

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 am

sinista

shawneramone

That is a top notch custom job right there. Even though I like to bust Johnny's chops about the Cowboys that is undeniably the coolest reel I've ever seen

Now, finally, after all my years on this planet, I finally feel like I have accomplished something due to your validation! LMAO

Your sense of accomplishment is well deserved. I do believe Mr Jay is right and it won't be long before you have less and less time to fish. I already have 1 or 2 ideas for reelz to be painted over the winter (WHITE LIGHTNING).

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am

jwall046

That is unbelievable work my friend!!!!!

Be prepared to fish less and less as Dark Side Reelz gains popularity!

Nice job! Professional as always!

I have never seen anything less from this guy Cool

Thank You Jay, and thank you to everyone else who commented here.

I just want to take a second to Thank Jay Wallace from Boag Hog Baits for being the one who gave me the first opportunity at sponsorship, from that point on I came to believe in myself more and more, watching the hard work and dedication that Jay puts in to Boag Hog, meeting and establishing contact with some of the bigger named people in the business gave me the incentive to kick the door down and chase my dreams. I said to myself "All these pro's and big named guys started in the same way we all did" I use to have the fear of contacting companies and asking for discounts and sponsorships, those days are over. Jay taught me through his belief in me that if I want it bad enough I needed to go out there and get it, so I did.
Dark Side Reelz was a 2 in the morning idea that sounded cool just because of the name, I had no clue that it would take off the way it has. My initial plan was to hope to do 40 reel cleanings at 25$ each to make a quick thousand dollars to put towards a new boat. I think i surpassed to 40 reel mark by week 3, now pushing closer to 150 reels serviced in the last 2 months or so I understand the dedication it takes and the value of quality work. So once again in closing thank you Jay Wallace and thank you to everyone here for cheering me on

PS that means you too Richard!

Dark Side Reelz website is almost complete and the Dark Side Reelz Facebook Page is up and running, stop by and give it a LIKE if you havent yet, thanks again

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 am

shawneramone

sinista

shawneramone

Your sense of accomplishment is well deserved. I do believe Mr Jay is right and it won't be long before you have less and less time to fish. I already have 1 or 2 ideas for reelz to be painted over the winter (WHITE LIGHTNING).

Sounds good Shawn, Im looking forward to the start of the next busy season, by then my shop will be complete, (grandparents gave me a 11x11 and 6x8 connecting sheds in the yard as work space, doing a little more work on them each weekend) Ill be able to plan things out more efficiently and schedule all my paint work in advance

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am

I've always dreamed of having my own shed

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am

shawneramone

so build one Smile

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:58 pm

kizel13

shawneramone

so build one Smile

I'm not the building type. I'm the duct tape and wd40 type

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm

shawneramone

kizel13

shawneramone

so build one Smile

Well if you ever decide to do it let me know and ill be there to help you out man.

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 pm

kizel13

shawneramone

kizel13

shawneramone

so build one Smile

Well if you ever decide to do it let me know and ill be there to help you out man.

Thanks. Mostly I was just goofing around. I have a pretty good size garage

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:00 pm

WHEN YOU SAID YOUR WERE PAINTING REELS I HAD NO IDEA YOU MEANT CUSTOM PAINT JOBS!!!!VERY NICE BRO GOOD JOB GRADE A!!!!!

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Neil- that's awesome stuff bud and thanks for the information regarding your new endevour. That's right up your alley! I hope business is good to you for the long term. The key to a sustainable business is quality and personal touch....it looks like you have them both! Add in a passion for what you do and your unstoppable.

Jonny.....hopefully that beauty of a new reel will treat you well....you deserve it bro! Also too bad you didn't have that when you had your debut on the Mad Fisherman, Charlie would've loved that! The only thing that would upset me is if the Cowboy reel out performs me on home waters.....gotta get you out on BOONE!

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 pm

That came out well. Pimping out reels is a very cool idea!

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 am

There's a lot to be said for having a thrifty little side business based on a favorite activity that has no overhead, flies under IRS radar and puts a little extra coin in the pocket.

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 am

smokecity

WHEN YOU SAID YOUR WERE PAINTING REELS I HAD NO IDEA YOU MEANT CUSTOM PAINT JOBS!!!!VERY NICE BRO GOOD JOB GRADE A!!!!!

Thanks Justin, I got a lot of the passion I have from guys like you and johnny that welcomed me in here back in 2011

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:37 am

what technique are you using for the paintjob - airbrush ?

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links