I was at BPS yesterday, that boat is a beast! Looking forward to the build pics.

Posted Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:14 pm

That's a great rig. Are you planning on trailering because once you add everything it is going to be heavy?

Posted Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Yea I'm definitely going to trailer it.my backs already messed up from services rendered overseas don't need to move any metal around that shouldn't be lol. I should start building it in 2 weeks or so after I design the deck I want and layout.

Posted Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:26 pm

i do have the 1542 shawn. 60' beam but a little narrow at the front. upgraded my engine from a '84 johnson 15hp to a '96 johnson 25hp watch out now!

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 am

chevin37

i do have the 1542 shawn. 60' beam but a little narrow at the front. upgraded my engine from a '84 johnson 15hp to a '96 johnson 25hp watch out now!

Wasn't 100% sure so I played it safe. Plus I knew you'd be creepin around and chime in.

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 am

bangbang

That's a great rig. Are you planning on trailering because once you add everything it is going to be heavy?

Yeah, I remember helping Kev take his boat out of the water before. There were 6 of us and it STILL weighed a ton! Solid boat though and looks extremely stable!

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:57 pm

So I have most of the front deck framed in. A foot pedal pan installe and the butt seat mount mounted. Just ordered a minn kota windless anchor and looking at side imaging for te front any suggestions. Rich you were def right about the stability factor with this to the Crawdad I feel like I could parky truck on this thing

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:19 pm

A power anchor huh?

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Yea I figured it will save space in the long run by putting it on the front raised deck with the trolling motor and the fish finder. Plus I think they look cool and its got a controlled coast so it will help with heavy wind live we had in the mystic tourney 2 years ago when it was like we were on the ocean lol

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:50 am

Off topic here but they fixed the sites time finally?

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 am

How heavy is it? I'm just thinking of balance. I know when I use my boat without the gas motor its a bit front heavy

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:10 am

I think it's like 180 or so factory. The deck probably weight 60 lbs with the wood. I'm running a full deck front to back with livewells in the center and battery's in the back to compensate the trolling motor with I think weighs 65 lbs or so. Stop by and come look at it

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 am

I meant how much does the anchor weigh? With that, the trolling motor, you and gear it seems like a lotta weight for the front but it sounds like you have a good plan to balance it all out.

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Still debating on the size on the anchor maybe a 10 or 12 it can do a 25 lb one but I think that's overkill unless its hurricane Katrina out there lol

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 pm

pocketfisherman

bangbang

Yeah, I remember helping Kev take his boat out of the water before. There were 6 of us and it STILL weighed a ton! Solid boat though and looks extremely stable!

yeah at dudley! that was when i had only the front deck built. now i have a rebuilt front deck + floor and rear deck so without a trailer and a ramp forget it

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links