kissmybass26

biggz53

kissmybass26

My other question can i use my car topper for the big boat tourneys?

yup, no problem there....just cant use anything with a gas motor attached for car toppers

I can put one on it in the big boat tourneys though right? Just not in the cartoppers only events?

Yes

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:48 pm

That is Correct,hope to see you at some.Always love seeing new faces jumping into the maff t's.The more the merrier.It sucks tracking all week to fill a tourney.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm

stratos1966

shawneramone

Time for a throw down

Grudge match ?

i'm in but it has to be at one of rich's honey holes. oh wait, i know them all already.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:12 pm

biggz53

shawneramone

Walmart has an aerator for around 20 bucks that clamps to your battery.

I just got that one last week, havent had a chance to set it up yet. Does it just clip to your TM battery? Can the TM and pump be connected at the same time?

yes but like shawn said, it gets clogged and is sort of a pain in the ass. you should do one like mine or rich's. it's well worth it. my pump was only like $30 and it's pretty quiet for the power.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:13 pm

I am just curious, how long do the fishes stay alive in those cooler livewells?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:36 pm

All day as long as you take care of them

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:43 am

answer3

I am just curious, how long do the fishes stay alive in those cooler livewells?

Like Shawn said... All day. In the heat of summer it is always a good idea to carry a smaller 2nd cooler with some frozen water bottles. I usually bring 8 with me and add 1 every 1/2 hour of so after 10am once the sun is up and the heat of the day has kicked in. I also add some Rejuvinade or Catch and Release to the water or some Hydrogen Peroxide ( please do not add Hydrogen peroxide if you have not fully researched it) A little is good, too much is deadly. The pumps are a MUST. Just filling a cooler with water and letting the fish sit in uncirculated water is not good. Using a rubbermaid container with no insulation is a no no too.
It also helps to change out 1/2 the water 1/2 way through your day.

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:41 am

I guess you guys put that kind of coolers in a boat , that's too big for a kayak/canoe right?

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:23 am

answer3

I guess you guys put that kind of coolers in a boat , that's too big for a kayak/canoe right?

Kayak certainly. I used to fish the cartopper events out of a canoe and I know of at least 1 team that still does. It def takes up a lot of space, especially with two people, but it can be done. The kayak tournaments take pictures of the fish/scale and then release.

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:03 am

I have a question do you guys run the pumps all day or do you go it in intervals ?

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:20 am

ranger85

I have a question do you guys run the pumps all day or do you go it in intervals ?

I just installed a timer switch so now I run mine in intervals. I have 4 settings. Always on, on 1 min off 1 min, on 1 min off 3 min and on 1 min off 5. I use the on 1 min off 3 most of the time. Once I have 5 fish in the box I run it 1 on 1 off.

If you do not have a timer. I suggest you run it continuiously. you end up turning it off and thinking you have waited only 5 mins... look at your watch 30 minutes!!!!

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:24 pm

stratos1966

ranger85

I just installed a timer switch so now I run mine in intervals. I have 4 settings. Always on, on 1 min off 1 min, on 1 min off 3 min and on 1 min off 5. I use the on 1 min off 3 most of the time. Once I have 5 fish in the box I run it 1 on 1 off.

If you do not have a timer. I suggest you run it continuiously. you end up turning it off and thinking you have waited only 5 mins... look at your watch 30 minutes!!!!

Mine has a timer too

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks guys! Should I throw and extra battery in the boat so I don't drain the TM battery ?

Posted Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:59 am

ranger85

Thanks guys! Should I throw and extra battery in the boat so I don't drain the TM battery ?

Yes

Posted Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links