Fish were caught with a 5'5" UL 2-piece Avocet rod, 15lb Spiderwire Stealth braid, 3 1/8” Bass Pro Shops XTS Speed Minnow in baby bass color, and a white knockoff Senko weedles rigged with a 3/0 red hook, all in very shallow water (1-3ft). All three were caught between 10:30AM and 11:00AM, had been fishing since 8:00AM. Sunny, 60 degrees, in a pond in Myles Standish State Forest; no boat access points, only kayaks and canoes. Barometer was at 30.31Hg and rising. Water was very clear and tough to fish, lots of underwater structure.

The BPS XTS minnow was impressive; for $2.99 it has a great shine and paint, and a killer action in the water. Can rip it over the tops of weeds and not get hung up, which we had to do a lot of; lake was extremely shallow, maybe 8ft deep at most, and most areas 1-3ft deep. Had no luck with chartreuse or black willow-bladed spinner baits today. They seems to be moving up into the shallows as they are beginning to warm, the bass bite has been great the past week.

Fist one just hit 2.5lbs, second on my buddy caught looks like a perfect largemouth bass specimen, was 3lbs 6oz and caught on the Senko with an Ugly Stick, and the largest one was 4lbs 2oz, all weighed on a digital scale.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Yessireee. Those are some nice fish. Good work and good report. You should post these as trips and they will be added to the trip database.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Nice job keep us posted.Nice to get a few nice ones when you go.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

nice job!

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Good stuff. Definitely post them as trips and add hot spots.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm using that pond fog shot for my new Desktop wallpaper !! Cool Shot!!

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:21 am

Glass water and a little bit of fog perfect.Nice fish!

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links