sinista

jwall046

HAhahaha!
I'll be shocked if i get out again!
But if i do hopefully i can post a fish!

Step 1:Find a nice deep hole in a pond with smallmouth

Step 2: Lower the drop shot

Step 3: Lift Rod and Reel at the same time when you feel the strike

Step 4: DONT REEL AGAINST THE DRAG>>>>>EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, I know #4 all to well Rolling Eyes
Thanks for the reminder lmao

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm

First post here! Surprised to see so many people still out there fishing... gave it a shot the other day fishing in the little water pools in local ponds that weren't ice. What should I be throwing for my best chances? After reading some info on here I was thinking of taking the kayak out on a local pond near here... what should I use?

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:01 am

I would start with suspending stick baits thrown on flouro line (so they sink slowly), retrieved very slowly in a stop and go pattern with 5-10 second pauses. If that doesn't work, begin to vary the retrieve a little bit.

If you take the kayak out be sure to outfit yourself appropriately, not just to stay warm but to stay dry in case you roll. Chest waders with a tightly-cinched belt and dry top are a good choice.

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 am

I've been throwing crank baits. Fished close to the bottom, really slow. Stop and go. I got one on a spinnerbait the other day using a stop ang go but the stops were really short

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:49 am

Went out with the advice... nice to find all the ponds have re-melted around here so I had a lot more room to work with. Got a bite! That was nice. I tried a tiny spinner blade for a little bit, but couldn't get the motion I wanted. Throw a suspending twitch bait and worked it in different ways. Still not much action other than that.

Anybody fish around the Hamilton/beverly/salem area? I'll probably make a new post to find some local fishers.

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links