Hi guys
I am going to cape cod (around chattam, orleans, harwich) for the weekend, does anyone know any good ponds with a free parking and easy access to put a canoe in the water? I saw the big Long Pond in Harwich that seems to have easy access, it it good?
Also I am thinking to troll a tube in little peasant bay, it is a good area for stripers?

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 pm

answer3

Hi guys
I am going to cape cod (around chattam, orleans, harwich) for the weekend, does anyone know any good ponds with a free parking and easy access to put a canoe in the water? I saw the big Long Pond in Harwich that seems to have easy access, it it good?
Also I am thinking to troll a tube in little peasant bay, it is a good area for stripers?

We go down to Chatham all summer. I have yet to find a spot to put in at Long Pond Harwich that doesn't require a resident sticker. You'll have similar issues at many places down there, even small ponds.

A good spot to hit up is Dennis Pond in Yarmouth. It's a small pond, but a good one. There is beach parking off of Summer Street, but you need a sticker. I access the pond on the opposite side, from Willow Street. There's a hiking trail/conservation area and a small parking area there, with a path right down to the water. No sticker required. Perfect for a canoe or kayak.

If the water is up, pitching frogs or creature baits (on braided line) into the overhanging bushes on the southern shore can result in some quality fish.

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Thanks! I will go have a look at denis pond as well. Free parking is so rare in cape cod at this time of the year...

I will be staying at the sweetwater forest campground in brewster that has a small pond (griffits pond), did anyone ever try this pond?

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:24 pm

answer3

Thanks! I will go have a look at denis pond as well. Free parking is so rare in cape cod at this time of the year...

I will be staying at the sweetwater forest campground in brewster that has a small pond (griffits pond), did anyone ever try this pond?

im jealous youre going camping in cape. that s*** fills up quick and can never get a spot hahah

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Haha yes I was lucky to get a camping spot, I called them yesterday and got the last one available Wink

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links